Used 2007 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Rust
By raceee

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 2007 Honda has started to rust on the back of the trunk lid. I have had it rust proofed every year since I bought it, this is on the surface paint. I have only driven this car two years in all the time I have owned it in the winter. Of course they say it is out of warranty, but would like to know if anyone else has had this trouble. The worst is around the plastic honda plate on the back. Anyone else have this problem and how did you get it fixed. I don't feel I should have to pay for rust when I have done everything I was told to do. I am sure if I fix one spot there will be others pop up. It looks like a money grabbing thing that isn't going away even if it is fixed.

Favorite Features

Nice riding get very good mileage when I do highway driving. Terrible in the winter.

Suggested Improvements

The slope of the car is terrible I cannot see the fenders while sitting in the drivers seat or the front bumpers. Makes it very hard to judge where you are when parking.

Luv my CR-V
By mcash42

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my CR-V for 3 years and still love it just like the day I bought it. It gets great gas mileage and maintenance is next to nothing. The Honda was my first car that was not an American Vehicle and I love it. It has stood up to grandchildren and trips and still feel like it's new. My next car will also be a CR-V.

Favorite Features

Moonroof, shelf in the back for more storage, table between the front seats, safety features, and all the cup/bottle holders in the front/back.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I wish it had would be a more technology like blue-tooth and built in navigation system (I don't like leather seats so won't get a EX-L). All my kids love my CR-V also but they all have 3+ kids and need a 3rd row...that would be a nice feature, also

For how everyone seems to love these Hondas, we do not love ours
By delta125

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought brand new in 2007. Top of the line CR-V. A major disappointment, three weeks after puddles started dripping under car. We take it back to the dealership and for ten days we had a base Nissan Altima model loaner as they had to wait for a part to come in and Honda wouldn't allow us to take it unless fixed. Highest model and does not even have power seats, very uncomfortable on long trips, fuel efficency could be obtained on a V6 and the engine is very weak. Steering wheel shakes like crazy at 73 MPH and above. Pathetic. I will be sure to stick with a GM or Ford product from now on.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, Heated Seats, Navigation (When it works.)

Suggested Improvements

Power seats, more leg room, more cushioned comfortable seats, a navigation system that actually knows where it is taking you, Better pre delivery inspection, A V6!

Rear Differential
By Rear Differential

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed my CR-V with two exceptions. First the original equipment tires failed after 30K and the rear differential has required "regular service" (at $100.00/per) four times in almost 60K miles, which are mostly highway miles. Honda "Engineers" are supposedly investigating the problem but it still will not help those of us who will drive the vehicle past the 60K mile warranty period. We will look elsewhere next year when we expect to replace this vehicle. The manual and my dealer recommends service every 30K miles, which in my estimation is a outright lie.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, especially on the highway. Fuel mileage could be better for a 4 cyl engine.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the rear differntial problems and stop penalizing the customer for a design error. Provide good quality tires as original equipment.

I love my CR-V!
By Ben

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my CR-V, it's not only great looking but fun to drive. I love the performance it has to offer, and it looks very classy without having to pay the big buck. I would definitely get another CR-V next time I'm ready to buy another car.

Favorite Features

I love the center counsel, and the great exterior of the automobile. I also love the moonroof, and the sound system that is in it. It's something I'm proud to be driving around in.

Suggested Improvements

I honestly can't think of anything I would want to change about this car!