Used 2007 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

2007 CR-V LX FWD
By contrco

2007 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought 2007 Honda CR-V LX FWD with 88k for $11,800. Super hard vehicles to find. No mechanical problems, comfortable ride, good power for the 4cyl engine. Honda quality.

Sips gas Good pickup speed Comfortable ride Very roomy

None, I like my base model.

2007 CRV Reliability not what you think
By crvsbad

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Honda CRVs have a reputation of high reliability. Actual results from our 2007 model don't back that up. It has an AC Compressor bearing failure at 94,000 that was found by the dealer while it was being looked at for the known AC Compressor clutch problem. Symptom was an unusual noise that came from the engine area that subsided when the AC was engaged. It is quite noticeable during idle. Dealer wants $900 to fix it, plus they charged me $140 just to diagnose it. Way out of whack. It also has a "shudder" which appears to be a transmission failure. You may want to choose a different vehicle.

Ride is good. Interior well designed.

More reliable engine parts.

55k miles, almost 6 years
By jimbo118

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I almost in 6 years of ownership at 55k miles. The original tires lasted me 50k miles. I am still on the original brakes! No complaints about this car, it's fantastic. I've only had one minor problem fixed under warranty. I had a AC that whistled under acceleration. A valve was replace under warranty and that is fine now. This is a great reliable car that gets an average of 24mpg.

Rust
By raceee

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 2007 Honda has started to rust on the back of the trunk lid. I have had it rust proofed every year since I bought it, this is on the surface paint. I have only driven this car two years in all the time I have owned it in the winter. Of course they say it is out of warranty, but would like to know if anyone else has had this trouble. The worst is around the plastic honda plate on the back. Anyone else have this problem and how did you get it fixed. I don't feel I should have to pay for rust when I have done everything I was told to do. I am sure if I fix one spot there will be others pop up. It looks like a money grabbing thing that isn't going away even if it is fixed.

Nice riding get very good mileage when I do highway driving. Terrible in the winter.

The slope of the car is terrible I cannot see the fenders while sitting in the drivers seat or the front bumpers. Makes it very hard to judge where you are when parking.

Luv my CR-V
By mcash42

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my CR-V for 3 years and still love it just like the day I bought it. It gets great gas mileage and maintenance is next to nothing. The Honda was my first car that was not an American Vehicle and I love it. It has stood up to grandchildren and trips and still feel like it's new. My next car will also be a CR-V.

Moonroof, shelf in the back for more storage, table between the front seats, safety features, and all the cup/bottle holders in the front/back.

The only thing I wish it had would be a more technology like blue-tooth and built in navigation system (I don't like leather seats so won't get a EX-L). All my kids love my CR-V also but they all have 3+ kids and need a 3rd row...that would be a nice feature, also