2007 Honda CR-V EX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2007 CR-V Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Sort Reviews by

2007 CRV Reliability not what you think
By crvsbad

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Honda CRVs have a reputation of high reliability. Actual results from our 2007 model don't back that up. It has an AC Compressor bearing failure at 94,000 that was found by the dealer while it was being looked at for the known AC Compressor clutch problem. Symptom was an unusual noise that came from the engine area that subsided when the AC was engaged. It is quite noticeable during idle. Dealer wants $900 to fix it, plus they charged me $140 just to diagnose it. Way out of whack. It also has a "shudder" which appears to be a transmission failure. You may want to choose a different vehicle.

Favorite Features

Ride is good. Interior well designed.

Suggested Improvements

More reliable engine parts.

55k miles, almost 6 years
By jimbo118

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I almost in 6 years of ownership at 55k miles. The original tires lasted me 50k miles. I am still on the original brakes! No complaints about this car, it's fantastic. I've only had one minor problem fixed under warranty. I had a AC that whistled under acceleration. A valve was replace under warranty and that is fine now. This is a great reliable car that gets an average of 24mpg.

Luv my CR-V
By mcash42

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my CR-V for 3 years and still love it just like the day I bought it. It gets great gas mileage and maintenance is next to nothing. The Honda was my first car that was not an American Vehicle and I love it. It has stood up to grandchildren and trips and still feel like it's new. My next car will also be a CR-V.

Favorite Features

Moonroof, shelf in the back for more storage, table between the front seats, safety features, and all the cup/bottle holders in the front/back.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I wish it had would be a more technology like blue-tooth and built in navigation system (I don't like leather seats so won't get a EX-L). All my kids love my CR-V also but they all have 3+ kids and need a 3rd row...that would be a nice feature, also

Honda 2007 CR-V EX 4 door SUV
By anna

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2007 CR-V in 2007 after doing my research on small SUVs and I found this one was so much better than all of the others out there. The mileage was not what they said it would be and the road noise is heard even with the windows up. I have had it for 2 years and I use it for work and around town travel and at 47,000 miles I have to replace the tires already.

Favorite Features

The dash board features are good. Having the radio buttons on the steering wheel helps out while driving. I get a lot more cargo room than what I expected it even surprised my husband.

Suggested Improvements

The center console could be evened out to align with the front seats so it doesn't stick out too much into the back seat area. Better gas mileage and more soundproofing. More audio jacks and better tires would be great.

Love it!
By Tammee

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our 3rd CR-V. I LOVE the new flip up tailgate-that was the only feature I didn't like in our prior CR-Vs. The ride is smooth, it fits all of our stuff. Plenty of storage. I really like the new cover for the cargo area. I also love having a big car feel but small car gas mileage. I don't find any blind spots, I love the instrument panel, very user friendly. We love our Hondas, never had any problems with them. Can't imagine owning another small suv.

Favorite Features

The flip up tailgate. If someone pulls in too close it's not a problem-we can still easily access the cargo area. I also really like the driver controls on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

I'm not wild about the cup holders for the front passengers-wish they would've copied the accord coupe to hold a better variety of cup sizes. Also wish little more storage in front for cell phone. I realize there is some space under the console-but it's seems to low.

Trading up, blast from the past
By Happy Honda Owner

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 1995 Dodge Dakota truck for my 2007 Honda CR-V. It's been over a year since the purchase and I'm still very happy. I've owned a 1980 Honda Accord and an 1982 Civic. The CR-V reminds me of the Civic except with all the cool technology, safety equipment, and design upgrades. The handling is very smooth. I can park this thing ANYWHERE! (Unlike my old truck.) I get between 27 and 32 mpg in a mixed highway/city commute 36 miles, 5 days a week(Florida). The mpg meter really lets you see how you are driving. There was obviously a lot of thought put into the interior design of the CR-V. There is storage everywhere. Doors open wider than on other cars. Power plugs everywhere. Buy one!

Favorite Features

Map storage drawer under passenger seat, "back seat view" mirror/sunglass holder, hight adjustable driver's seat, and cool interior lighting. Storage versatility!!! Folding/sliding rear seats (I've gotten a small sofa and several sheets of plywood to fit in the cargo area!) Moonroof, map lights.

Suggested Improvements

Road/wind noise is still a slight problem. Steering wheel could use a few more inches of telescoping adjustment for we tall gals. Make the flip-down drink holder/armrest in the backseat easier to clean (vinyl?) same for door armrests & make floor carpet (only) black on all models to hide dirt better

Nice for a smaller SUV
By Midwest

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed it over the past year. It rides well and has tight steering. Brakes are a bit sensitive. The only problem I have had is a burning rubber smell from the rear wheel well on the passenger side when driving through the mountains and have actually seen smoke once. I see others have had the same problem under different road conditions but know one knows why this happens.

Favorite Features

Hatchback and room for storage.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats and an answer to the burning rubber smell near the exhaust.

2007 CR-V -I'm Like'n it.
By Tabitha

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My first crossover/SUV, and I'm lovin the view! Gas mileage is good, average 22/26-28 city/hwy - of course depends on how you drive. Freeway pickup is noticably lacking (it is a 4 cyl!), but once you get past initial on-ramp speed, CR-V drives awesome even going 70-80+ mph. Smooth, feels sturdy, and the handling is excellent. Stiffer handling of Hondas is great, gives more control of auto. Surprised at the power going uphill. Rear hatch is so easy to open/close. Road/wind noise w/closed windows is becoming apparent. Not sure about the automatic maintenance reminders yet. Overall, fun to drive and love the features.

Favorite Features

90 degree opened doors, interior dash design, steering wheel controls, emerg. foot brake, easy open/close rear hatch, MP3 auxiliary, dual cargo shelf, smart key, moonroof, gas mileage range, HIDDEN full sized spare, tire pressure monitor (although curious to really see how it works).

Suggested Improvements

Cloth and leather look cheap, electronic options avail on models (wanted navi & no leather), lumbar supported seats, longer armrests, dual climate controls, auto on/off lights, illuminated vanity mirrors, compass, remote rear door, cargo net, and where is the picnic table that I keep hearing about?

I Just Love It
By roadturtle

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a Dodge gas hog truck. I love the new larger 2007 CR-V. I am six feet tall, and I have plenty of room. I am averaging 23 mpg with 90% city 10% freeway. It drives sooo easy. Parks easy. I bought the EX. I believe the little extra money for the EX was worth it. I am adding the iPod music link this week. I tried the Kias. No comparison. Honda's quality is awesome.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. Easy to get in, and out of. Drives wonderfully. Great stereo. Great fit and finish. Quality. Sits high enough to see. Good visibility.

Suggested Improvements

Add center console, and iPod music link on EX as standard.

Great Value
By JC

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First off, it's an ugly car but it's a great car. Function over form is how this car was built. It gets good gas mileage. For those who complain about bad gas mileage, you need to learn how to maximize your mileage. Learning when and how to press the gas and brakes is the difference between 20 mpg and 25 mpg from my experience. Lots of features for the money. Nice interior design. Handling is good, but this causes the ride to be stiffer than normal cars. As a consequence the car stays planted and doesn't float. This is not a car for people who like a sofa ride.

Favorite Features

AUX stereo plug, dual glove boxes. On board computer. Blue lighting. Good handling. Gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Power drivers seat! Ugly front design. More bigger storage compartments.