Used 2007 Honda CR-V EX-L SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

A really great vehicle to own
By britqueen

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had this mini suv for six years and never had one mechanical problem with it at all. Overall a really great vehicle to own especially for reliability. It was a bit loud on the highway but never enough to be annoying. I wouldn't call it "fun" to drive but it was a great suv for zipping around town and transporting my dog to the park. I would buy another one but I feel Honda needs to really put a power liftgate in this vehicle. Also the navigation is a bit subpar with other vehicles.

Favorite Features

Reliability Sunroof Back seat leg room was pretty good

Suggested Improvements

Rear a/c vents Power liftgate Better navigation Blind spot detector

The Honeymoon is OVER!
By wmw

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Let me start by saying I have had many Hondas. Fell in love with the new CR-V and had to have one! I special ordered mine exactly the way I wanted it, waited the 6+ weeks for it to come it, and loved it, now for the part that pains me, I have 36k miles on it and am getting ready for my 3rd set of tires, have had to have the catalytic converter replaced, the fan squeals on low, there is a rattle on the drivers door that they 'fixed' 4 times now and it's still making the same noise. The first set of tires they split the cost of them with me 'cause I went crazy on them, it only had 20k on it. Now these are making the same thumping noise, my mechanic said dump it now! While I can still get some $$$

Favorite Features

It does get good gas mileage, I will miss that, and I like the overall style of the car, I really like this car a lot, but after all the issues, I just can not deal with the noise, tires, etc. I hate to say that because I WAS a Honda fan! They used to make a great car, not anymore, I'm sad to say:-(

Suggested Improvements

Do something so the tires don't wear and thump! Fix the fan (they tried 4 times with that also!) Get it together Honda, this one's a disappointment, I'm sad I actually waited for this car to get to me and now I don't even know if someone would want to buy it, guess I'll have to eat it and trade!!:-(

Feel safe in CR-V
By Texas

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After doing all my home work on small SUVs I settled on a 2007 CR-V with the sleek new body style. I was weary of the 4 cylinder engine not giving me enough power, But she proved to do the work, hauling round bales of hay up hill. The back seats drop forward to make a larger bed. Plenty of room for 4 adults comfortably and cargo area.

Favorite Features

I really cant say favorite feature, I'm very happy with the safest feature, The Side Curtain Airbags. I was involved in a wreak and the airbags were a sure safe feature, We didn't feel the impact when a car hit my front quarter panel and driver door because of the airbags instantly popped.

Suggested Improvements

I noticed a problem in viewing out the drive side window, it felt like a blind spot, my vision is block because of the slope angle of the windshield. Changing from a large bulky suburban with a vertical windshield, there is a big difference in viewing field. Leather seats were firm an uncomfortable.

A True Workhorse
By Scott Dimeler

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have driven the CR-V 55,000 in a little over 2 years. This included about 3,000 miles of towing a trailer a max load. Other than routine maintenance (Oil, new tires, etc.) I haven't had any problems. MPG is about 28 highway / 21 in town. I wash and maintain the car regularly and it looks new. I use a leather conditioner on the seats every month. The leather in the driver seat is showing some minor wear. This car has been outstanding.

Favorite Features

XM Radio Leather seats / Sun Roof

Suggested Improvements

Would like better mileage on the highway.

Very happy Honda owner!
By Mel

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my Honda CR-V for 1 year and 9 months now and still can't say anything negative about it. I had the 2006 Civic before but, it was too small. I upgraded to the CRV and am convinced I will only buy Hondas from now on. It is roomy, fuel efficient, reliable, and comfortable. What more can you ask for. It doesn't have all the fancy bells and whistles but, who needs those? I definitely suggest the CR-V. In fact, I'm searching online to pick one out for my mom.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, fuel efficient, and very spacious for a small SUV.

Suggested Improvements

To make V6s