Used 2007 Honda CR-V LX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

A/C Compressor Black Death - RIP HONDA
By Rob Kientz

2007 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased, used, a 2007 Honda CRV LX. I have owned Honda's all my life (24 years driving), and my family has owned Honda's since the 1970's. The two things I could always count on in Honda were a) excellent quality and therefore value and b) leading customer service. I am extremely disappointed to report that both may no longer hold true. As happens to many people since 2003 (I am now finding out) with a CRV SUV, the compressor clutch freezes and causes the compressor to explode. When this happens, the entire system (hoses, lines, evaporator, etc..) are contaminated, and the entire cooling system has to be replaced. I called Honda Corporate in California and found out they had an extended warranty, for this part, to 7 years/100k. My car is at 106k miles at the moment. So I am screwed. Not only that, but my mechanic told me the problem can recur because the replacement parts have the same issue. He has one customer who has brought in the system to be replaced 3 times over 115k miles. 3 times! So even if I pay the $2000 estimated repair cost, I could end up paying that again in a few thousand miles. So to recap: Honda has a known issue on CRV A/C compressors for 12 years, does NOT issue a recall, offers a limited parts warranty, and then kisses their customers goodbye. At this point, I told Honda Corporate I will never purchase a Honda again after 40 years of my family owning them. I have two Honda's in my driveway (also have a 2008 Civic) that I will now promptly sell and replace both with another brand. RIP Honda, I am done with you!

2007 CR-V LX FWD
By contrco

2007 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought 2007 Honda CR-V LX FWD with 88k for $11,800. Super hard vehicles to find. No mechanical problems, comfortable ride, good power for the 4cyl engine. Honda quality.

Sips gas Good pickup speed Comfortable ride Very roomy

None, I like my base model.

Seats not comfortable
By sl

2007 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Took a 3 hour trip and the seats are very uncomfortable. Around town is fine but for the long haul, no way.

Ugh! With the tires!
By hanksbank

2007 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car new in 2007, during the high spike of gas prices. Perfect family car, and ratings above reflect what a 22K new car will get you. For whomever is researching this car, please be aware that you will be replacing tires like nobody's business. We pretty much go through about eight in a year's period. The front ones are good for about 10K miles. The quality, alignment, whatever can be changed has been done. It also doesn't matter who drives it. My spouse is a very slow and cautious driver. It is what it is. Careful with the turns, too. My Dodge Dakota truck does better on turns than the CR-V. Drive like a granny around curves, or else!! Other than that, a great car.

What you get for price. MP3 hookup.

Fix whatever internal issue is wearing tires so quickly. Stabilization improvement with turns

The CRV
By Charles Costa

2007 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is an exceptional car for the price. And, the fold up rear seats create the room I need in my work

Front Console, Radio, disc, XM system. Rear design