Used 2007 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 339 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Honda Thats SO Uncomfortable The Front Seats SUCK
By Jimd2

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We are Selling a 46000 Mile Honda From my 88 year old Mother, She went to the store and back, I took This on a 6hr round trip and could not walk after the trip. The seats are the worst, I Hate the vehicle there is zero love !! We will take our 150000 mile 2004 Saab 9-3 the next time. The Honda is Junk. THE SEATS SUCK BAD!!! I feel If I sell It the people buying it should have read the reviews, STAY AWAY from the CR-V!!! There are other problems but Honda is not as good as people think!!!! Its a crappy little car I don't like it at all, Good luck if your so foolish to buy it or Please read the reviews even the 2015 and 2016 Honda SUCK!!!

Greaty Little Buggy
By Larry Reed

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've been very happy with my CRV except for a few problems. First thing was the tires (especially the front) wearing out so quickly. I noticed in doing research I wasn't the only CRV owner with this problem. The next issue with my CRV is the lock actuator problem. The left rear door will no longer lock permanently. It locks and unlocks.....locks and unlocks. You come to a stop and the door unlocks. Start driving and it locks again...you can't trust it to lock so it is a security issue at all times. I had it fixed under lock problem warrant at Honda World in Downey but within a year it was the same problem. I couldn't get it back in there so went to Norm Reeves Honda in Cerritos and they replaced it in October 2015 under the same 'lock actuator' warranty. In March 2016 it started the same thing again. I had to make an appointment a week out to even get it back to Norm Reeves and now they want $375 to fix it. Says it's a different problem. It's the same door doing the same thing. Now this to me is a problem that Honda should gladly fix but they won't. The CRV is comfortable to ride in on trips, gets up to 32 MPG on trips. I'm very satisfied with my CRV....except for the above noted items. Honda...step up to the plate.

Love this car!
By Kdg

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Our 2007 crv exl was purchased brand new and she'll be 9 in July. We have not had one thing go wrong on this vehicle and she only gets regular oil changes and tires rotated. We are having baby #2 in July and while I'm sure we'll have plenty of room we may end up trading my beloved crv in at some point for a new highlander. We've been loyal honda fans for years. Hubby bought a 2015 v6 four door accord last summer and we love that car. I' not really a fan of the new pilot and toyota gives a better deal on the highlander it seems. We'll see when the time comes but for now I'm still loving my crv

2007 CRV - Believe me, you'd rather walk
By tim.putz@gmail.com

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Feel compelled to write a review, seldom do. I know that its probably too late for many, but this car must be avoided at all costs. I have a 2005 Pilot that is my all time favorite car with 267k on it and still running great with few repairs so I was a Honda loyalist, but this car moved me to Toyota.

Known problems (I wish I knew them before I bought it) with:

Air Conditioning - this will break thoroughly and completely, - 2k to replace

Transmission - this will go out on you some time after 100k - 3k+ to replace.

HVAC - this will break

TPMS - this has never, ever, ever worked. And here is the worst part of this. When your TPMS light is burning brightly, like the 2007 CRV light will be, always, you cannot cancel stability control via some overthought, overengineered safety mechanism. However, this turns out to be pretty unsafe because if you are stuck in some deep snow and need to spin the tires a bit to get out, YOU CAN'T. The stability control will keep cutting the engine just as you gain some momentum. This turns your expensive AWD SUV into the handling equivalent of a 1969 Chevy Corvair with bald tires. There is no way to deal with this other than pulling the ABS/Stability control fuse. You will try to fix the TPMS light by replacing all sensors and that will work for a few days and then the light will go back on. This is a permanent condition with this car.

Interior - the "leather" on the door armrest as well as the seat armrests will disintegrate. Mine started at 50k and is now completely shredded despite trying to repair before it got out of hand. You push the door open using the door armrest and it will just wear this cheap leather out in no time whatsoever.

Brakes - I don't really know the story here, but this car seems to warp rotors faster than any other car I have owned. Maybe it is just bad luck (or bad driving!), so this may be piling on a bit because I loathe this car but I am going to say it. This car is a lean, mean, rotor warping machine,

Performance - 4 cylinder getting only about 22 mpg. The car is an absolute dog, in fact my dog easily outperforms it. I mean I knew it was a 4 cyl, but c'mon.

Ok, that's enough. Under no circumstances should you buy a 2007 CRV. Forget the Honda name and rep for quality, this is one seriously flawed and awful car. I have no idea if Honda has improved the CRV, but 2007 is an absolute zero. Google around for the problems I have listed here, you will find many others having the same (especially the trans and air). I wish i had found those before I bought.

honda is the best
By jim winslow

2007 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)