Used 2007 Honda CR-V EX-L Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Former HONDA employee and brand ambassador.
By Gregory Wolf

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My family have owned Honda accord coupe 2001 that was amazing. Great reliability; fantastic on gas and decent leather interior . I purchased this 2007 Honda CRV second hand this time; off lease; nice trade-in; in 2011, haven't had any issues until the AC blew out; which resulted in costly repairs. Honda knows about this "achilles heel" extended warranty on certain parts of Air Conditioning; but sneaky and very technical around this common issue. Would I purchase another crv or recommend anybody buying one??? Most definitely NOT!!! Go with Toyota Rav4

A really great vehicle to own
By britqueen

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had this mini suv for six years and never had one mechanical problem with it at all.
Overall a really great vehicle to own especially for reliability. It was a bit loud on the highway but never enough to be annoying.
I wouldn't call it "fun" to drive but it was a great suv for zipping around town and transporting my dog to the park.
I would buy another one but I feel Honda needs to really put a power liftgate in this vehicle.
Also the navigation is a bit subpar with other vehicles.

Reliability Sunroof Back seat leg room was pretty good

Rear a/c vents Power liftgate Better navigation Blind spot detector

The Honeymoon is OVER!
By wmw

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Let me start by saying I have had many Hondas. Fell in love with the new CR-V and had to have one! I special ordered mine exactly the way I wanted it, waited the 6+ weeks for it to come it, and loved it, now for the part that pains me, I have 36k miles on it and am getting ready for my 3rd set of tires, have had to have the catalytic converter replaced, the fan squeals on low, there is a rattle on the drivers door that they 'fixed' 4 times now and it's still making the same noise. The first set of tires they split the cost of them with me 'cause I went crazy on them, it only had 20k on it. Now these are making the same thumping noise, my mechanic said dump it now! While I can still get some $$$

It does get good gas mileage, I will miss that, and I like the overall style of the car, I really like this car a lot, but after all the issues, I just can not deal with the noise, tires, etc. I hate to say that because I WAS a Honda fan! They used to make a great car, not anymore, I'm sad to say:-(

Do something so the tires don't wear and thump! Fix the fan (they tried 4 times with that also!) Get it together Honda, this one's a disappointment, I'm sad I actually waited for this car to get to me and now I don't even know if someone would want to buy it, guess I'll have to eat it and trade!!:-(

Feel safe in CR-V
By Texas

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After doing all my home work on small SUVs I settled on a 2007 CR-V with the sleek new body style. I was weary of the 4 cylinder engine not giving me enough power, But she proved to do the work, hauling round bales of hay up hill. The back seats drop forward to make a larger bed. Plenty of room for 4 adults comfortably and cargo area.

I really cant say favorite feature, I'm very happy with the safest feature, The Side Curtain Airbags. I was involved in a wreak and the airbags were a sure safe feature, We didn't feel the impact when a car hit my front quarter panel and driver door because of the airbags instantly popped.

I noticed a problem in viewing out the drive side window, it felt like a blind spot, my vision is block because of the slope angle of the windshield. Changing from a large bulky suburban with a vertical windshield, there is a big difference in viewing field. Leather seats were firm an uncomfortable.

A True Workhorse
By Scott Dimeler

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have driven the CR-V 55,000 in a little over 2 years. This included about 3,000 miles of towing a trailer a max load. Other than routine maintenance (Oil, new tires, etc.) I haven't had any problems. MPG is about 28 highway / 21 in town. I wash and maintain the car regularly and it looks new. I use a leather conditioner on the seats every month. The leather in the driver seat is showing some minor wear. This car has been outstanding.

XM Radio Leather seats / Sun Roof

Would like better mileage on the highway.