Used 2007 Honda CR-V EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

2007 CRV Reliability not what you think
By crvsbad

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Honda CRVs have a reputation of high reliability. Actual results from our 2007 model don't back that up. It has an AC Compressor bearing failure at 94,000 that was found by the dealer while it was being looked at for the known AC Compressor clutch problem. Symptom was an unusual noise that came from the engine area that subsided when the AC was engaged. It is quite noticeable during idle. Dealer wants $900 to fix it, plus they charged me $140 just to diagnose it. Way out of whack. It also has a "shudder" which appears to be a transmission failure. You may want to choose a different vehicle.

Ride is good. Interior well designed.

More reliable engine parts.

55k miles, almost 6 years
By jimbo118

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I almost in 6 years of ownership at 55k miles. The original tires lasted me 50k miles. I am still on the original brakes! No complaints about this car, it's fantastic. I've only had one minor problem fixed under warranty. I had a AC that whistled under acceleration. A valve was replace under warranty and that is fine now. This is a great reliable car that gets an average of 24mpg.

Luv my CR-V
By mcash42

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my CR-V for 3 years and still love it just like the day I bought it. It gets great gas mileage and maintenance is next to nothing. The Honda was my first car that was not an American Vehicle and I love it. It has stood up to grandchildren and trips and still feel like it's new. My next car will also be a CR-V.

Moonroof, shelf in the back for more storage, table between the front seats, safety features, and all the cup/bottle holders in the front/back.

The only thing I wish it had would be a more technology like blue-tooth and built in navigation system (I don't like leather seats so won't get a EX-L). All my kids love my CR-V also but they all have 3+ kids and need a 3rd row...that would be a nice feature, also

Honda 2007 CR-V EX 4 door SUV
By anna

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2007 CR-V in 2007 after doing my research on small SUVs and I found this one was so much better than all of the others out there. The mileage was not what they said it would be and the road noise is heard even with the windows up. I have had it for 2 years and I use it for work and around town travel and at 47,000 miles I have to replace the tires already.

The dash board features are good. Having the radio buttons on the steering wheel helps out while driving. I get a lot more cargo room than what I expected it even surprised my husband.

The center console could be evened out to align with the front seats so it doesn't stick out too much into the back seat area. Better gas mileage and more soundproofing. More audio jacks and better tires would be great.

Love it!
By Tammee

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our 3rd CR-V. I LOVE the new flip up tailgate-that was the only feature I didn't like in our prior CR-Vs. The ride is smooth, it fits all of our stuff. Plenty of storage. I really like the new cover for the cargo area. I also love having a big car feel but small car gas mileage. I don't find any blind spots, I love the instrument panel, very user friendly. We love our Hondas, never had any problems with them. Can't imagine owning another small suv.

The flip up tailgate. If someone pulls in too close it's not a problem-we can still easily access the cargo area. I also really like the driver controls on the steering wheel.

I'm not wild about the cup holders for the front passengers-wish they would've copied the accord coupe to hold a better variety of cup sizes. Also wish little more storage in front for cell phone. I realize there is some space under the console-but it's seems to low.