Used 2007 Honda CR-V LX Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

honda is the best
By jim winslow

Love our 2007 Honda CRV
By Chuck

2007 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Our CRV is 9 years old and we haven't had any mechanical problems with it! The catalytic converter cover recently rusted loose, but that was easily fixed with muffler clamps. The cloth interior is difficult to keep clean. Great handling in winter.

Just because I wanted to..
By Ralph Robinson

A/C Compressor Black Death - RIP HONDA
By Rob Kientz

2007 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased, used, a 2007 Honda CRV LX. I have owned Honda's all my life (24 years driving), and my family has owned Honda's since the 1970's. The two things I could always count on in Honda were a) excellent quality and therefore value and b) leading customer service. I am extremely disappointed to report that both may no longer hold true.

As happens to many people since 2003 (I am now finding out) with a CRV SUV, the compressor clutch freezes and causes the compressor to explode. When this happens, the entire system (hoses, lines, evaporator, etc..) are contaminated, and the entire cooling system has to be replaced. I called Honda Corporate in California and found out they had an extended warranty, for this part, to 7 years/100k. My car is at 106k miles at the moment. So I am screwed.

Not only that, but my mechanic told me the problem can recur because the replacement parts have the same issue. He has one customer who has brought in the system to be replaced 3 times over 115k miles. 3 times! So even if I pay the $2000 estimated repair cost, I could end up paying that again in a few thousand miles.

So to recap: Honda has a known issue on CRV A/C compressors for 12 years, does NOT issue a recall, offers a limited parts warranty, and then kisses their customers goodbye. At this point, I told Honda Corporate I will never purchase a Honda again after 40 years of my family owning them. I have two Honda's in my driveway (also have a 2008 Civic) that I will now promptly sell and replace both with another brand.

RIP Honda, I am done with you!

2007 CR-V LX FWD
By contrco

2007 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought 2007 Honda CR-V LX FWD with 88k for $11,800. Super hard vehicles to find. No mechanical problems, comfortable ride, good power for the 4cyl engine. Honda quality.

Sips gas Good pickup speed Comfortable ride Very roomy

None, I like my base model.