2007 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
2007 CR-V LX FWD
By contrco on 01/22/14 21:07 PM (PST)

2007 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought 2007 Honda CR-V LX FWD with 88k for $11,800. Super hard vehicles to find. No mechanical problems, comfortable ride, good power for the 4cyl engine. Honda quality.

2007 CRV Reliability not what you think
By crvsbad on 09/12/13 09:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Honda CRVs have a reputation of high reliability. Actual results from our 2007 model don't back that up. It has an AC Compressor bearing failure at 94,000 that was found by the dealer while it was being looked at for the known AC Compressor clutch problem. Symptom was an unusual noise that came from the engine area that subsided when the AC was engaged. It is quite noticeable during idle. Dealer wants $900 to fix it, plus they charged me $140 just to diagnose it. Way out of whack. It also has a "shudder" which appears to be a transmission failure. You may want to choose a different vehicle.

55k miles, almost 6 years
By jimbo118 on 12/31/12 22:12 PM (PST)

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I almost in 6 years of ownership at 55k miles. The original tires lasted me 50k miles. I am still on the original brakes! No complaints about this car, it's fantastic. I've only had one minor problem fixed under warranty. I had a AC that whistled under acceleration. A valve was replace under warranty and that is fine now. This is a great reliable car that gets an average of 24mpg.

Rust
By raceee on 10/06/11 13:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 2007 Honda has started to rust on the back of the trunk lid. I have had it rust proofed every year since I bought it, this is on the surface paint. I have only driven this car two years in all the time I have owned it in the winter. Of course they say it is out of warranty, but would like to know if anyone else has had this trouble. The worst is around the plastic honda plate on the back. Anyone else have this problem and how did you get it fixed. I don't feel I should have to pay for rust when I have done everything I was told to do. I am sure if I fix one spot there will be others pop up. It looks like a money grabbing thing that isn't going away even if it is fixed.

Luv my CR-V
By mcash42 on 06/26/11 16:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my CR-V for 3 years and still love it just like the day I bought it. It gets great gas mileage and maintenance is next to nothing. The Honda was my first car that was not an American Vehicle and I love it. It has stood up to grandchildren and trips and still feel like it's new. My next car will also be a CR-V.

For how everyone seems to love these Hondas, we do not love ours
By delta125 on 01/14/11 21:06 PM (PST)

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought brand new in 2007. Top of the line CR-V. A major disappointment, three weeks after puddles started dripping under car. We take it back to the dealership and for ten days we had a base Nissan Altima model loaner as they had to wait for a part to come in and Honda wouldn't allow us to take it unless fixed. Highest model and does not even have power seats, very uncomfortable on long trips, fuel efficency could be obtained on a V6 and the engine is very weak. Steering wheel shakes like crazy at 73 MPH and above. Pathetic. I will be sure to stick with a GM or Ford product from now on.

Rear Differential
By Rear Differential on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed my CR-V with two exceptions. First the original equipment tires failed after 30K and the rear differential has required "regular service" (at $100.00/per) four times in almost 60K miles, which are mostly highway miles. Honda "Engineers" are supposedly investigating the problem but it still will not help those of us who will drive the vehicle past the 60K mile warranty period. We will look elsewhere next year when we expect to replace this vehicle. The manual and my dealer recommends service every 30K miles, which in my estimation is a outright lie.

I love my CR-V!
By Ben on 08/27/10 16:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my CR-V, it's not only great looking but fun to drive. I love the performance it has to offer, and it looks very classy without having to pay the big buck. I would definitely get another CR-V next time I'm ready to buy another car.

Love it!
By Momof2 on 08/08/10 06:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought this car about a week ago and I just LOVE IT! It's small enough where you can squeeze into tight spots yet it's roomy and spacious inside. The only thing that I have found (which I read in other reviews) is that the seats are uncomfortable. But it's nothing that a $20 gel cushion can't fix! I went from a V6 vehicle so I thought I might get annoyed with the slower 4cyl but it has PLENTY of pep! It's actually really fun to drive. Nice smooth ride. I am in love.

LOVE Honda, LOVE my CR-V
By Shawna on 08/06/10 12:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car is incredible. The recent reviews complaining about tires are the furthest thing from my experience. The tires have been replaced once in the 3+ years I've owned (and consistently driven) this car. It handles wonderfully, is ridiculously comfortable (I should know, I drove from Colorado to Georgia and Tennessee and back), and is an all around amazing vehicle. It has a great MPG for its size, and it's great for highway driving or rough dirt roads; smooth ride no matter what. After some nightmares with Chevy vehicles as a young driver, this wonderful CR-V has made me a Honda buyer for life.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.