Used 2007 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 337 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Love this car!
By Kdg

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Our 2007 crv exl was purchased brand new and she'll be 9 in July. We have not had one thing go wrong on this vehicle and she only gets regular oil changes and tires rotated. We are having baby #2 in July and while I'm sure we'll have plenty of room we may end up trading my beloved crv in at some point for a new highlander. We've been loyal honda fans for years. Hubby bought a 2015 v6 four door accord last summer and we love that car. I' not really a fan of the new pilot and toyota gives a better deal on the highlander it seems. We'll see when the time comes but for now I'm still loving my crv

2007 CRV - Believe me, you'd rather walk
By tim.putz@gmail.com

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Feel compelled to write a review, seldom do. I know that its probably too late for many, but this car must be avoided at all costs. I have a 2005 Pilot that is my all time favorite car with 267k on it and still running great with few repairs so I was a Honda loyalist, but this car moved me to Toyota.

Known problems (I wish I knew them before I bought it) with:

Air Conditioning - this will break thoroughly and completely, - 2k to replace

Transmission - this will go out on you some time after 100k - 3k+ to replace.

HVAC - this will break

TPMS - this has never, ever, ever worked. And here is the worst part of this. When your TPMS light is burning brightly, like the 2007 CRV light will be, always, you cannot cancel stability control via some overthought, overengineered safety mechanism. However, this turns out to be pretty unsafe because if you are stuck in some deep snow and need to spin the tires a bit to get out, YOU CAN'T. The stability control will keep cutting the engine just as you gain some momentum. This turns your expensive AWD SUV into the handling equivalent of a 1969 Chevy Corvair with bald tires. There is no way to deal with this other than pulling the ABS/Stability control fuse. You will try to fix the TPMS light by replacing all sensors and that will work for a few days and then the light will go back on. This is a permanent condition with this car.

Interior - the "leather" on the door armrest as well as the seat armrests will disintegrate. Mine started at 50k and is now completely shredded despite trying to repair before it got out of hand. You push the door open using the door armrest and it will just wear this cheap leather out in no time whatsoever.

Brakes - I don't really know the story here, but this car seems to warp rotors faster than any other car I have owned. Maybe it is just bad luck (or bad driving!), so this may be piling on a bit because I loathe this car but I am going to say it. This car is a lean, mean, rotor warping machine,

Performance - 4 cylinder getting only about 22 mpg. The car is an absolute dog, in fact my dog easily outperforms it. I mean I knew it was a 4 cyl, but c'mon.

Ok, that's enough. Under no circumstances should you buy a 2007 CRV. Forget the Honda name and rep for quality, this is one seriously flawed and awful car. I have no idea if Honda has improved the CRV, but 2007 is an absolute zero. Google around for the problems I have listed here, you will find many others having the same (especially the trans and air). I wish i had found those before I bought.

honda is the best
By jim winslow

Love our 2007 Honda CRV
By Chuck

2007 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Our CRV is 9 years old and we haven't had any mechanical problems with it! The catalytic converter cover recently rusted loose, but that was easily fixed with muffler clamps. The cloth interior is difficult to keep clean. Great handling in winter.

Just because I wanted to..
By Ralph Robinson