2006 Honda CR-V 2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Something to think about

2006 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

Something to think about
By Yvonne on

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchase one of the only two white CRV's with manual drive. I wished I had went ahead and purchased the automatic, but my husband was worried about power going up the Grapevine and Tehacapi Mountains that surround us. The gear shift needs to be raised about 3" taller and there are no arm rests for the driver or passenger front seats. The clutch is very smooth and effortless, and does give the vehicle the ability to drop to a lower gear and pass without effort. The ride is wonderful and what we wanted for all the traveling we plan to do, and the AWD allows us to not worry about what time of the year or where we are going.

Favorite Features

Interior is very stylish. The sunroof and interior roof cover allows me to make a choice whether to ba a sun worshiper or not. Front and back seats reclines and are roomy. The cargo area is very roomy. Six cd's and the sound are very nice with the controls on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. Arm rests on driver and passenger seats. Increase height of gear shift. Hatchback door open from right to left so you are not having to go around it to get to the sidewalk.