2006 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: My CRV vs. my Highlander

2006 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

My CRV vs. my Highlander
By Al C. on

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have a 2004 Toyota Highlander V6, auto. loaded and were very satisfied with it. It's deserving of Consumer Reports top ratings for safety, reliabilty, etc. Wanted to get a smaller SUV with fully loaded features including moonroof, traction & stability, front, side airbags, etc. CRV also garnered top ratings and deserves it! Can't tell it's only a 4 liter unless we are driving a full load of adults going uphill. Otherwise, it is peppy and powerful on the highway, and gets very good fuel economy. In local driving my Highlander gets overall 18- 19 mpg and the CRV gets 21-22. Great Honda clearance price and next year's CRV styling doesn't look as trucklike as this year's. Go CRV!

For under $21K, fully loaded EX has auto, all wheel drive, steering wheel audio controls, cruise, front, side curtain air bags, traction & stabilty control, full spare, power doors, windows, security remote, and the most reliable track record in its class. Lowest true cost to own, high resale value.

The only "luxury" feature my CRV doesn't have is a home autolink (optional) and the fuel release is a bit of a reach. If placed where the rear window hatch release is, would be easier. New CRV due out this fall, but this model is more SUV looking. You can't go wrong with this model!