2006 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: I like this Vehicle

2006 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic)

I like this Vehicle
By RCRD on

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We traded a 1998 Accord with 190000 odometer miles for this Honda LX CRV. In 3 weeks we put 5400 miles on the vehicle. Temperatures from 105 deg. in AZ to below freezing in Montana. Gas from $4.00 in Ca. to $2.75 in Wy. I like being higher above the road. We purchasd the 4 cyl Auto for the fuel economy. The lowest mpg was in Yuma, AZ., around town, temp 105 deg F at 18.5 mpg with Generic Gas. The best was 33 mpg in the Sacramento Valley and 32 mpg in Wy. both with brand name Gas. We did not experience any mechanical failures on this trip. Honda has done a good job with the layout of the driver and passenger accessories. The front door storage is inconvenient. I give the CRV a rating of 9.

The layout of the shifter and emergency brake, the comfort of the seats, the fuel economy. If you unlock the vehicle but do not enter the vehicle it will lock itself in less than a minute, a nice safety feature.

The windows should work after the vehicle is shut off until a door is opened. The back seats should fold down into the floor to give a flat cargo area. Road noise not as bad as Accord but could be improved. I do not like the vehicle shifting to a lower gear when I return to Cruise doing 75 mph.