2006 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Even better than our 1999 CR-V

2006 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

Even better than our 1999 CR-V!
By Two CR-Vs on

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After reading some other reviews, I expected to like the 2006 CR-V less than the 1999 CR-V we have owned for years. Since a manual transmission is a MUST for my wife and I, the SUV market has become increasingly limited. 2006 was the last year for 5 Speed Manual transmission on the Honda CR-V, so when we finally found a used one with the manual transmission, we bought it. I am pleasantly surprised that we both like our 2006 even more than the 1999! The 2006 feels bigger, feels even more solid and substantial, and is more powerful than our 1999. At the same time, our gas mileage is 26-28 mpg in normal mixed driving, just the same as with our 1999.

Gas economy Size Reliability Style (exterior) Visibility for driving AWD

1. Honda has had a dozen years to fix the rear differential fluid lubrication problem, and has not done it! 2. In highest gear, the engine revolutions are 10-20% too high. 3. Bring back a manual transmission, or next purchase will have to be from Subaru, who still make manual transmissions.