2006 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: A good quality vehicle for the

2006 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic)

A good quality vehicle for the money
By steve on

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had this CR-V for almost two months and I'm quite satisfied with it. I compared it with the Rav4, and when you consider the base price/with standard options, the value is with the Honda. I've driven 1700 miles and with this peppy little engine, I've gotten 23 mpg around town and 33 mpg highway (unloaded). Though, at low speed (20- 30 mph) when I take my foot off the gas, it seems like it's holding back- but again, the mpg was still good! I will be bringing that up with the dealer next month. The overall ride is good but the seat seems a bit stiff. The bottom line - I would buy this CR-V again.

Generally, you get more for the money with this CR-V along with Honda's low depreciation & operating costs. The standard side airbags are a big plus/safety feature. Very good gas mileage with a strong/peppy engine.

A larger fuel tank (on a long trip you still have to stop for gas). The cell phone compartment should have a power outlet/charger next to it - it's kinda useless without it. I prefer a console rather than the fold down tray (but that's just by choice). The front seat could be more comfortable.