2006 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
My CRV vs. my Highlander
By Al C. on 09/01/06 03:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have a 2004 Toyota Highlander V6, auto. loaded and were very satisfied with it. It's deserving of Consumer Reports top ratings for safety, reliabilty, etc. Wanted to get a smaller SUV with fully loaded features including moonroof, traction & stability, front, side airbags, etc. CRV also garnered top ratings and deserves it! Can't tell it's only a 4 liter unless we are driving a full load of adults going uphill. Otherwise, it is peppy and powerful on the highway, and gets very good fuel economy. In local driving my Highlander gets overall 18- 19 mpg and the CRV gets 21-22. Great Honda clearance price and next year's CRV styling doesn't look as trucklike as this year's. Go CRV!

Lemon?
By pwaddell on 08/31/06 18:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It may be too early to call this one a lemon, but it's getting there quickly. It's been in the shop for one of the four weeks we've owned it and will be going back. The vehicle developed a low vibration when accelerating after a week or so. It was determined to be the AC. The dealersip replaced the compressor, belt tensioner, and water pump and drained and refilled the system. It seemed to work, but the vibration has returned. American Honda has not been helpful. Their response has been 'you shouldn't expect perfection from a mass produced vehicle.' I do expect a new vehicle will be at my house more than 3/4 the time I own it. If this keeps up the Lemon Law will allow me to give it back.

Cheap, big, safe
By lahiri on 08/29/06 18:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It's inexpensive. It's big inside. Seats are comfortable and roomy, and cargo room is huge too. It's safe - comes standard with seat mounted airbags, curtain airbags, stability assist, ABS.

Great Little SUV!
By newowner on 08/29/06 12:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have only had my CR-V a short time, but I am very happy with it. I am amazed at how much pep it has. I live in a rural area with many steep, curvy roads and my CR-V handles even the steepest hills with ease. Despite the tough driving conditions, it is still getting 23+ mpg, which I feel is excellent for the roads I travel and this also includes city driving. It handles like a small car, has a very tight turning radius and yet has enough cargo room for hauling gardening and horse supplies and my 100-lb dog! It provides a smooth ride and has plenty of room for passengers. I think it's a great little SUV and I feel I made a good choice.

My new CR-V
By Liateacher on 08/04/06 11:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I wish the interior came with better standard features, like the cargo cover, cargo net and a better storage between driver & passenger seats. They have a tray that goes up or down, but I miss the "box" that I could put CDs into (they have other spaces for CDs but not as big). Also glove box is too thin/narrow, besides my new car manual, not much else fits. There are also no "hooks" where I can hang things from (like a litter bag) and the visor is a bit too thick. It won't fit my old CD visor holder or my garage door/gate openers. There are a few other "little" inconveniences, but overall I love it so far! :)

Great Car, Great Value!
By Andrew on 08/02/06 09:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I may be the first person to sell a 3 year old Audi A6 (a "luxury") car to get a CR-V. CR-V is fun to drive, very reliable and extremely roomy. Great for lugging a bike or two in back. No question its a no thrills car but that is the beauty behind it. Car has everything on it you need with out the bells and whistles that tend to break anyways. No question this car will be around for a while. Hoping to keep it for my 13 year old son.

One of the most fun cars I've owned
By Honda Lover on 07/28/06 06:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned a 1993 Accord, 1999, 2001 and 2003 civic but this CRV was just the right fit for our growning family! We were deciding between the Pilot and the CRV. Hands down, we prefer the CRV. It was $6,000 less, gets better gas mileage (5-7 mpg) and has plenty of room to spare. The flexibilty that the seat positioning offers is great! I especially like the floor in the rear that turns into a picnic/card table. If you are looking at a small SUV, look no further. This CRV gives you the room, versitility, and comfort that you are looking for and at a great price! 2007 is being re-designed and the body style is changing and NOT for the better. Get the 06 while it lasts!

I love my CR-Vs
By THE g man on 07/24/06 17:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second CR-V. I put 210,000 on the first one in about 6 years. The car cost me about $1500 in repairs over those 6 years. I do my own brakes and oil changes. I'm still using the original rotors which are level and smooth as can be. I've had only minor engine problems and use the car to deliver my mail route of 31 miles, 6 days a week. I love both my CR-Vs, they are the best cars I have ever owned.

I love my CR-V!
By jfuhrman77 on 07/22/06 06:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My CR-V is so comfortable! Already took it too the beach, covered the inside with sand and it cleaned up so easily it looks brand new again. Went camping for a weekend, able to pack all of the supplies we needed, 3 kids in the back and still had room for more stuff. Brightness of headlights is wonderful. Smooth ride. Changing gears was a breeze, like I've always been driving it. The safety features are wonderful. Gas mileage is OK, but that is because I am coming from a coupe. I've caught myself going 85 and not even knowing it. It has so many unnecessary features, that it makes this SUVvery necessary.

Best in Class
By teddyjackson on 07/14/06 14:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great vehicle that is fun to drive on both city roads and the highway. For it's class, it offers the most interior room and cargo space. The CR-V is the best bang for the buck. It's standard features far outweigh any other SUV in its class. What is standard on the CR-V is optional on a lot of others. Can't beat Honda engines, reliability and style. MPG is better than what is stated on the window sticker.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.