2006 Honda CR-V LX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2006 CR-V Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Sort Reviews by

Excellence - 06 Honda CRV
By hdana

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The 2006 Honda CRV is a responsive, fun car to drive. Honda reliability was a deciding factor for purchase. Our intention is to drive this car for the next 150,000 miles as we have our other Honda.

Favorite Features

Simply cost of ownership. Hondas hold up. Also like the fold down console table.

Suggested Improvements

Softer front seats would be nice. Seating is a little hard for long road trips.

What a looker
By newCRVowner

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great little SUV. Previously owned a 98 Accord, only maintenance, never broke down. Honda quality outstanding. Interior has more plastic than accord's, but still nice. Handles well, comfortable as it drives like a car. Clear view of road ahead of you. Look forward to the all-wheel drive in the upcoming winter. Holds its resale value very well. Wind noise is minimal. The fuel efficient 4 cylinder is what sold us. Interior is user friendly. We like the steering wheel mounted radio controls. The vehicle has a nice 4x4 stance, but yet is very classy looking. Like the look of the 2006 more so than the 2007. Rear tinted glass is a bonus for children. Best looking mini SUV on the market.

Favorite Features

Exterior appearance, all-wheel drive, standard safety features, 4-cylinder engine, Honda reliability. Leather interior and heated seats. Very good heat/air conditioning system.

Suggested Improvements

Rear hatch opens on the wrong side and has done so since its introduction to the North American market. This has been corrected in 2007.

Had to go with Quality and Reliability
By Lanny

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My first SUV happens to be this Honda CRV EX. It is probably one of the best decisions I have ever made. How can anyone ignore the quality and reliability of Honda? I considered other SUVs in its class but none could compare to the crisp driving experience of the Honda. You can "feel" the quality of craftmanship in the Honda engine when driving. I was considering a used Honda CRV but the high resale value made the difference only 1 or 2k and in some cases the used costed more than the new, so I bought NEW. The good gas mileage is another plus. The fold down and tumble back seats is an amazing feature and the picnic table made this the must have family car. Honda 4 life!

Favorite Features

walk space in the cabin. fold down and tumble seats. picnic table. sunroof. gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Make it even roomier. Lower the price. Make a hybrid version.

CR-V a mixed blessing
By jb

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Runs great on highway and in mountains. has low frequency level noise at 45 and 60 MPH. Started vibrating at stops now too. oil filter position guarantees spillage into frame. road noise higher than expected IPOD option pretty quirky easy to go 12 hour travel day with this

Favorite Features

very nice rear door-- holds in several positions and great cargo space with fold-forward seats nicley positoned with rear doors.

Suggested Improvements

a little more sound protection oil filter position guarantees spillage

Honda CR-V
By Railcarmechanic

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have taken many trips with my CR-V. It is comfortable to drive whether you are the driver or a passenger. I average 24 MPG, combined driving, with a high of 29 MPG on a long road trip. Other than normal maintenance, I have had no problems with my CR-V.

Favorite Features

AWD, roominess and cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

Better sound system, GPS and 6 cylinder.

honda 2006
By network0

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

got a good deal on the car (i think). Fun to drive. great control at corners. nice interiors, good looks. on the down side honda civic, accord and CRV on civic chaisis is that on uneven road (cracks) on freeway it gives some sound that is not there in toyotas. there is not any mechanical problem but the suspension of these cars is not same as toyotas. Apart from this hondas are great cars.

CRV
By Joe

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The CR-V is a perfict vehicle if you need something that is car like in everyway but has alot more space for cargo and people. The power the engine has is more then enuff in the city and highway. The ride is comfortable and quiet even at high speeds.

Favorite Features

The handling is car like and interior is perfict in all ways (space, compartments,) and I love that built in picknick table it shows me that Honda is thinking outside of the box.

Suggested Improvements

Better sound system. Not enough power in the sound system for a vehicle of this size. There should be speakers in the back where the picknick table is for example the dodge caliper with the rear speakers that face out.

not user friendly interior
By Leonard

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Problems, arm rest are too small, need to be 2/3in wider,no lights on steering wheel controlds(radio,cruse,control) radio station and clock time numbers are too hard to see, not enough "trinket" storage. Other than that its "ok"

Suggested Improvements

wider arm rest, more storage, lighted steering wheel,controls and better or bigger numbers on radio and time indication.

Can't touch dis
By accelv

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drove practically all the competing small SUV's and the CRV came out on top for many reasons: safety, value, economy, reliability, design, and price ($20,300 out the door, including tax!). It's a nearly perfect vehicle, just as good as my previous '98 Odyssey, the top rated vehicle in the 1998 Consumer Reports auto issue. I just wish I could have waited to see the 2007 model. Honda packs a lot of vehicle into diminutive dimensions and has cleverly designed the rear seats to adjust back and forth, recline, split, and fold and tumble forward for massive storage.

Favorite Features

I am averaging 25 mpg around town and I got 29 mpg on a long trip @ 75 mph! Can't touch dis! Judging from my previous experience with Hondas, I won't be visiting my dealership too often for repairs. I feel safe driving with all of the airbags and driver assists. Best bang for the buck anywhere!

Suggested Improvements

Offer a hybrid model. There is no rear bumper. The heavy rear door opens on the wrong side, but 2007 design fixes that. The front end is kinda homely. The front seats are a lil hard and don't slide back enuff. It's a stretch to the radio buttons. Tinted windows should be standard.

2nd CR-V fEX or me
By watson

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

this is my second CR-V; I just traded in my 2003 CR-V EX (with 88,000 miles on it) for a 2006 model, because I loved my first one. this is my 4th Honda. Honda's really made some great addtions since 2003. First, the EX is now available in 2WD; the AWD was nice, but I did not need it, and felt it robbed mileage. Second, it now has 16- inch tires, so the ride is MUCH improved. Third, the stability control is a nice addition, especially the with the braking assist. Fourth, the new side curtain airbags were a great safety touch. I have had the 2006 for 2 weeks, and I love it. It's fun to drive, and peppy. I am looking forward to improved gas mileage. Glad they kept the in-dash CD changer.

Favorite Features

Seating position, easy to get in and out of. Nice view of road. In-dash CD changer is wonderful (call me old- fashioned.) Improved ride. LOVE THE RADIO CONTROLS ON THE STEERING WHEEL!!!!! Love the cargo area, and the adjustable rear seats. Remote is now integrated in the key

Suggested Improvements

More than 2 inside colors. No variable intermittent wipers (2007 CR-V has this). Small blind-spot on the driver's side. Underseat storage drawer gone. Need an available caddy for under the table; no place for kleenex/wipes. Tinted glass on front windows and a tint strip on windshield would be nice.