Used 2006 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 147 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Rough Rider
By Kolef88

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I really like this car because it is inexpensive to buy and operate, and it never breaks down. However, the ride is very rough. Fortunately I have a short commute to work, but it is tiresome to travel long distances because of the pounding you take from road anomalies. Fair amount of road noise as well. The car handles well on straight highways but feels precarious on curves.

Dashboard controls are very intuitive and easy to operate. Leather seats and moonroof.

Get a better suspension system and a better stereo system.

CR-V is reliable
By dogrunnr

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is such a reliable vehicle. I decided to purchase the 2006 to avoid getting stuck with a 2007 (thought the new body design was kinda ugly). I typically put 15-20K miles per year on this vehicle and it has held up wonderfully. I love my CR-V.

The ample cargo space. I can keep stuffing this vehicle with items for long trips and it seems to handle it all.

My only complaint is the swing-open rear hatch door. Rather smartly, Honda switched the CR-V's rear hatch door to a vertical lift door with the latest design of the CR-V. I would've bought the new design, but felt the vehicle's design overall was somewhat ugly.

Love my CR-V
By I love my Honda

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car! I have 2 toddlers that go everywhere with me and a home party business that requires me to tote supplies. This car is perfect for both. Very easy to load and unload. Even good for trips to the local home improvement store. We live in the burbs and I do mostly city/burb driving. I avg 24 mpg (maybe because it is a manual tranny?). We just took it on our first long road trip (1000 miles each way in the winter) and it was great. I have always lived in snowy/icy climates and this car does great in both. It does drag a bit in the summer when the a/c is on and there is some road noise. We are thinking about adding a 3rd kid to our family, but I don't want to give up my CR-V!

Automatic 4x4. Big enough to tote everything, but small enough to fit into all parking spots. Gets great mileage. Feels like a car on the inside.

It could use a few more beverage holders and storage compartments. Too much road noise. Wish the back seat were just a little bigger so I could fit 3 car seats. Also, I wish there was optional 3rd row seating for those times when we have guests in town.

Stay away from Honda product built in UK
By Kevin

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle fell short of what I expected from a Honda product. I began hearing noise from the rear end at about 15,000 miles. I had repeated problems with the audio system,as well. Most recently at 38,000 miles, the airbag sensor light goes on once in a while.

Forget about any help from Honda when the warranty expires. My local Honda dealer charges $100 an hour and does not provide free loaner cars. I'm back to Toyotas after this experience with Honda. A UK built Honda can be identified by the the first digit of the VIN being a "S".

It is a comfortable car to drive. I would recommend the 5 speed manual transmission. The automatic transmission seems to struggle on the hills.

Good and Bad
By James

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought my CR-V last month. It rides decently. However, you can feel the wind push it at high speeds. Does feel a little boxy but handles decently. Has some of the benefits of a traditional SUV but still gets good fuel economy without sacrificing interior room. However, reliability is a question that I have noticed in less than a month. The driver's side headlight just went out with only 35,000 miles. Also it seems the rear door latch is starting to give out. The warning light for the rear door keeps coming on the dashboard while driving even after reconfirming the rear door has been closed. Hopefully this is not the beginning of issues after the warranty runs out.

Interior is good for hauling items and people. Can fit two jumbo size strollers or a lawnmower without a problem.

Reliability and electrical. Noticing minor but irritating issues prematurely.