Used 2006 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

CR-V is reliable
By dogrunnr

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is such a reliable vehicle. I decided to purchase the 2006 to avoid getting stuck with a 2007 (thought the new body design was kinda ugly). I typically put 15-20K miles per year on this vehicle and it has held up wonderfully. I love my CR-V.

The ample cargo space. I can keep stuffing this vehicle with items for long trips and it seems to handle it all.

My only complaint is the swing-open rear hatch door. Rather smartly, Honda switched the CR-V's rear hatch door to a vertical lift door with the latest design of the CR-V. I would've bought the new design, but felt the vehicle's design overall was somewhat ugly.

Love my CR-V
By I love my Honda

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car! I have 2 toddlers that go everywhere with me and a home party business that requires me to tote supplies. This car is perfect for both. Very easy to load and unload. Even good for trips to the local home improvement store. We live in the burbs and I do mostly city/burb driving. I avg 24 mpg (maybe because it is a manual tranny?). We just took it on our first long road trip (1000 miles each way in the winter) and it was great. I have always lived in snowy/icy climates and this car does great in both. It does drag a bit in the summer when the a/c is on and there is some road noise. We are thinking about adding a 3rd kid to our family, but I don't want to give up my CR-V!

Automatic 4x4. Big enough to tote everything, but small enough to fit into all parking spots. Gets great mileage. Feels like a car on the inside.

It could use a few more beverage holders and storage compartments. Too much road noise. Wish the back seat were just a little bigger so I could fit 3 car seats. Also, I wish there was optional 3rd row seating for those times when we have guests in town.

Stay away from Honda product built in UK
By Kevin

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle fell short of what I expected from a Honda product. I began hearing noise from the rear end at about 15,000 miles. I had repeated problems with the audio system,as well. Most recently at 38,000 miles, the airbag sensor light goes on once in a while. Forget about any help from Honda when the warranty expires. My local Honda dealer charges $100 an hour and does not provide free loaner cars. I'm back to Toyotas after this experience with Honda. A UK built Honda can be identified by the the first digit of the VIN being a "S".

It is a comfortable car to drive. I would recommend the 5 speed manual transmission. The automatic transmission seems to struggle on the hills.

Good and Bad
By James

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought my CR-V last month. It rides decently. However, you can feel the wind push it at high speeds. Does feel a little boxy but handles decently. Has some of the benefits of a traditional SUV but still gets good fuel economy without sacrificing interior room. However, reliability is a question that I have noticed in less than a month. The driver's side headlight just went out with only 35,000 miles. Also it seems the rear door latch is starting to give out. The warning light for the rear door keeps coming on the dashboard while driving even after reconfirming the rear door has been closed. Hopefully this is not the beginning of issues after the warranty runs out.

Interior is good for hauling items and people. Can fit two jumbo size strollers or a lawnmower without a problem.

Reliability and electrical. Noticing minor but irritating issues prematurely.

Best Choice....
By Jaysen

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When my car was totaled in an accident, i wanted to replace it with a small SUV. I am an avid reader of car magazines.. i love cars, and i test drove vehicles from the Freelander and Subaru Forester to RAV4 and Escape. No other vehicle offered the right combination of everything. Standard equipment was optional on everything else. I constantly get 24.6 mpg mixed driving and 29 mpg on the open highway. There is a ton of room for 4 adults and gear and this thing is a lot more capable off road than the reviews say. I looked at the new redesigned CR-V's and they have lost there SUV appeal and no more picnic table! This has been the best purchase and best of all, no problems!!

Styling, picnic table, back door opens wide, stereo is great, outward visibility

Less road noise, back door should open opposite direction,