2006 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Had to go with Quality and Reliability
By Lanny on 09/25/06 19:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My first SUV happens to be this Honda CRV EX. It is probably one of the best decisions I have ever made. How can anyone ignore the quality and reliability of Honda? I considered other SUVs in its class but none could compare to the crisp driving experience of the Honda. You can "feel" the quality of craftmanship in the Honda engine when driving. I was considering a used Honda CRV but the high resale value made the difference only 1 or 2k and in some cases the used costed more than the new, so I bought NEW. The good gas mileage is another plus. The fold down and tumble back seats is an amazing feature and the picnic table made this the must have family car. Honda 4 life!

CR-V a mixed blessing
By jb on 09/22/06 12:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Runs great on highway and in mountains. has low frequency level noise at 45 and 60 MPH. Started vibrating at stops now too. oil filter position guarantees spillage into frame. road noise higher than expected IPOD option pretty quirky easy to go 12 hour travel day with this

Honda CR-V
By Railcarmechanic on 09/22/06 07:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have taken many trips with my CR-V. It is comfortable to drive whether you are the driver or a passenger. I average 24 MPG, combined driving, with a high of 29 MPG on a long road trip. Other than normal maintenance, I have had no problems with my CR-V.

honda 2006
By network0 on 09/19/06 17:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

got a good deal on the car (i think). Fun to drive. great control at corners. nice interiors, good looks. on the down side honda civic, accord and CRV on civic chaisis is that on uneven road (cracks) on freeway it gives some sound that is not there in toyotas. there is not any mechanical problem but the suspension of these cars is not same as toyotas. Apart from this hondas are great cars.

CRV
By Joe on 09/19/06 10:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The CR-V is a perfict vehicle if you need something that is car like in everyway but has alot more space for cargo and people. The power the engine has is more then enuff in the city and highway. The ride is comfortable and quiet even at high speeds.

not user friendly interior
By Leonard on 09/13/06 02:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Problems, arm rest are too small, need to be 2/3in wider,no lights on steering wheel controlds(radio,cruse,control) radio station and clock time numbers are too hard to see, not enough "trinket" storage. Other than that its "ok"

Can't touch dis
By accelv on 09/12/06 08:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drove practically all the competing small SUV's and the CRV came out on top for many reasons: safety, value, economy, reliability, design, and price ($20,300 out the door, including tax!). It's a nearly perfect vehicle, just as good as my previous '98 Odyssey, the top rated vehicle in the 1998 Consumer Reports auto issue. I just wish I could have waited to see the 2007 model. Honda packs a lot of vehicle into diminutive dimensions and has cleverly designed the rear seats to adjust back and forth, recline, split, and fold and tumble forward for massive storage.

2nd CR-V fEX or me
By watson on 09/05/06 22:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

this is my second CR-V; I just traded in my 2003 CR-V EX (with 88,000 miles on it) for a 2006 model, because I loved my first one. this is my 4th Honda. Honda's really made some great addtions since 2003. First, the EX is now available in 2WD; the AWD was nice, but I did not need it, and felt it robbed mileage. Second, it now has 16- inch tires, so the ride is MUCH improved. Third, the stability control is a nice addition, especially the with the braking assist. Fourth, the new side curtain airbags were a great safety touch. I have had the 2006 for 2 weeks, and I love it. It's fun to drive, and peppy. I am looking forward to improved gas mileage. Glad they kept the in-dash CD changer.

love my CR-V
By Maria on 09/03/06 15:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought my car about 2 months ago, and I absolutely love my CR-V. I have always had little sporty cars and needed one with a little more space. I researched a lot of vehicles, and I couldn't be happier with my decision. It handles beautifully, and I still have that sporty feel that I love. Considering I do mostly in town driving, it gets good gas milage for its size. I love the sun roof and in-dash 6 CD changer that comes standard with the EX model. I traded my Scion tc in on the CR-V and am very glad I did.

Great SUV
By Rick on 09/02/06 13:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Originally looking at the RAV4. I decided to go with the CRV. It's actually faster off the start than the RAV, and has 11 HP less. The engine is also quieter than the RAV. I've had this vehicle only a week, and can tell I'll have it for a long time. The SE was also a couple grand less that the RAV. Someone wrote that this vehicle had a noisy engine at higher speeds. This egine is quiet at higher speeds. Nothing bad to say about this vehicle. You can't have everything, but what I have I like.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.