Used 2006 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 147 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Honda Milage
By John

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

i have owed my 2006 cr-v from new. I use it as a taxi for airport transfers and regularly get 47 mpg from the 2.4 diesel engine. I can recommend this car to all.

Fuel economy and comfort.

Buy one while you can
By Taysean

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drove an '01 SE till late '06 and was very satisfied. I just recently, 6/5/09, bought an '06 EX w/ 14k miles on it. Needed 4WD to get to WV but wanted the mileage too. Definitely not disappointed. Drive 30 miles to work each day - averaging 32 MPG. Drove a good distance to buy vehicle which was described as "pristine". Was not even close w/ scratches, chips, etc. Saw CR- V's with 50k miles in better condition. But overall, I am pleased w/ the vehicle.

4wd, reclining rear seats, stg compartments, 6-cd changer, steering whl mounted controls

Use plastic that is more scratch resistant on the inside.

2006 Honda CR-V
By Honda owner

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overall the 2006 CR-V is a wonderful SUV, viewpoints very similar to all that have been said previously. Fuel economy could be better, I fill up sometimes 2 times per week, but the gas prices don't help either. I love the gated rear as opposed to my RX300 I "wrecked" last year..the CR-V was the replacement. The SUV is a little boring, miss my electric everything I will say. Radio is average, road noise is loud, comfort not bad.

roomy, a lot of nooks and crannies to put things, gear shift funny location but works, car looks great

power everything, better radio, better paint job, too easy to chip and scratch

Space, the final frontier.
By HM

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this car for exactly 3 years and 69000 miles. It's used for around town and many extended rides of up to 3 to 6 hours each way (the distance to our daughters' colleges). No problems. Handling surprisingly good, better than RX300 we had. Interior is huge, cargo space deceptively large. Perfect back for Golden Retrievers. Fabulous visibility. Very good in bad weather. However, road noise becomes tiresome after an hour. Sound system is just adequate. And my 57 yr old rear end gets sore on long rides (I'm 5'8" and 143lb). If you're going to spend lots of time on commutes or long drives, treat yourself to something more luxo. But for around town and near, it can't be beat.

Interior space, reliability, handling, mileage. Feels like a 6, not a 4 cylinder.

Honda paint. Annoying chips. Road and tire noise as well as uncomfortable seating on long trips. But it's not a luxury SUV, so it is what it is.

Quality
By DH

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a reliable car. It is comfortable with kids and car seats, or adults on the commute. The gas mileage is better than listed. With a roof box, we fit 2 adults, 2 kids, a large dog, skis and equipment.

I like the cargo space.

The space between the front seats is awkward. The folding cup holder creates unusable space.