2006 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Our First Honda-A wise choice!
By Andy on 01/28/07 22:38 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our first Honda CR-V. We decided on the SE model because of all the options it offered. In general I like the vehicle but I do have some problems with the interior. It has ample power, gets good highway gas mileage, and is very comfortable on long trips. Everything is close to the driver and the steering wheel controls are intelligently placed, although the cruise control on/off switch could have been placed in a better spot. We were able to store tons of luggage for the annual Christmas Trip from Evansville IN to San Antonio Tx. We are very pleased with our investment.

2006 HONDA CRV
By Tom on 01/18/07 18:21 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 2006 is everything I thought it would be and more. Looked at all in its class and no other compares. Got the 5spd manual to get the extra horses from the engine and I'm glad I did. Ride, handling and acceleration are very good. Recommend this vehicle to anyone! Like it better than the 2007.

I look at it in every window I drive by
By Leesa on 01/03/07 21:07 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had a 2003 Pilot and enjoy the CRV much more. I feel sporty yet safe with the Realtime AWD. It's white with the window & moonroof visors. I don't have anything bad to say about the vehicle, I love it. Drove it from WV to Mt. Rushmore, SD in July, it was comfortable, dependable, the epitome of sweet.

2006 Honda CRV #2
By kaplanm@cox.net on 12/31/06 19:13 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the second CRV in a row I've owned. They are nice small utility vehicles. Quick, gas efficient, not large, but holds lots of stuff. No problems. Sturdy. Reliable

North Country
By North of 55 on 11/26/06 10:31 AM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have now owned this car for one full year and used it thru 2 Canadian winters as well as one vacation trip thru the Rocky Mountains. Love this car. Great for snow and ice conditions, and most importantly its gets WARM quickly in the winter (I'm talking -30 here). This is my first Japanese car and I'm very impressed with the quality.

watch out below
By harold on 11/13/06 11:16 AM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very nice traveling car, excellent seats for long trips, both front and rear. Ride, handling, acceleration are very good. The manual is very quick (8.7 seconds 0-60) and fun to drive. Comfortably towed a 1200 lbs. trailer over 4000 miles in mountain west with adequate power. Some torque steer on hard acceleration. Worst feature: vulnerable fuel tank, evap recovery cannister, and subframe in rear. Had a $1600 repair from driving on a gravel road with some rocky outcroppings. This is really a suburban car, OK in snow and mud, not suitable for roads that are at all rough. Design is optimized for comfort, space. All-wheel drive requires front wheel-spin before it engages.

It's simply beauty
By beauty on 10/09/06 19:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It is a suv so compare it with suv lines. I can't even take my eyes off my beautiful white shinning baby. I got compliments from people all the time. I know it is a eye-catcher and drive like a champ. The steering wheel operates like a car. I can't say enough good things about it. After all, it is a car, and you have to feel the passion and pride to own one.

I Love It.
By An Owner on 10/04/06 08:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I liked my 1997 so much I bought a new 2006 CRV and I love it. It was between the CRV and RAV4 and I decided on the CRV. Honda was willing to deal on the price and I got it below invoice. The 2006 is comfortable, roomy, practical and the engine is "peppier" (the only real knock I had with my old one.) My gas mileage has been between 23-27 as on the sticker. It feels like a substantial, quality vehicle.

Excellence - 06 Honda CRV
By hdana on 09/28/06 13:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The 2006 Honda CRV is a responsive, fun car to drive. Honda reliability was a deciding factor for purchase. Our intention is to drive this car for the next 150,000 miles as we have our other Honda.

What a looker
By newCRVowner on 09/26/06 05:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great little SUV. Previously owned a 98 Accord, only maintenance, never broke down. Honda quality outstanding. Interior has more plastic than accord's, but still nice. Handles well, comfortable as it drives like a car. Clear view of road ahead of you. Look forward to the all-wheel drive in the upcoming winter. Holds its resale value very well. Wind noise is minimal. The fuel efficient 4 cylinder is what sold us. Interior is user friendly. We like the steering wheel mounted radio controls. The vehicle has a nice 4x4 stance, but yet is very classy looking. Like the look of the 2006 more so than the 2007. Rear tinted glass is a bonus for children. Best looking mini SUV on the market.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.