Used 2006 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

First time Honda owner of a CR-V
By Charles Wright

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 1st Honda vehicle. I am awestruck by the quality, ride, interior room, accessibility of the controls and the displays. The comfort of the seats and the room overall. The handling is magnificent. Instant response on turning and when the cruise control is on the precise speed at which the car is maintained in any terrain. The CR-V allows me to feel in exact control of all of the controls I need to feel safe and comfortable while driving. This vehicle is extremely quiet and gives me the feeling of a relaxed and tranquil environment. I will forever be a Honda owner.

The 6 disc cd player. The ease of use of the radio settings and the steering wheel adjustment for the radio operation. The exact cruise control in keeping the speed exactly on the speed intended. The ease and use of the moon roof and the open feeling when opened.

I am 6ft2in and long legged which a larger front driver area for my legs would be nice.

Honda Milage
By John

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

i have owed my 2006 cr-v from new. I use it as a taxi for airport transfers and regularly get 47 mpg from the 2.4 diesel engine. I can recommend this car to all.

Fuel economy and comfort.

Buy one while you can
By Taysean

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drove an '01 SE till late '06 and was very satisfied. I just recently, 6/5/09, bought an '06 EX w/ 14k miles on it. Needed 4WD to get to WV but wanted the mileage too. Definitely not disappointed. Drive 30 miles to work each day - averaging 32 MPG. Drove a good distance to buy vehicle which was described as "pristine". Was not even close w/ scratches, chips, etc. Saw CR- V's with 50k miles in better condition. But overall, I am pleased w/ the vehicle.

4wd, reclining rear seats, stg compartments, 6-cd changer, steering whl mounted controls

Use plastic that is more scratch resistant on the inside.

2006 Honda CR-V
By Honda owner

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overall the 2006 CR-V is a wonderful SUV, viewpoints very similar to all that have been said previously. Fuel economy could be better, I fill up sometimes 2 times per week, but the gas prices don't help either. I love the gated rear as opposed to my RX300 I "wrecked" last year..the CR-V was the replacement. The SUV is a little boring, miss my electric everything I will say. Radio is average, road noise is loud, comfort not bad.

roomy, a lot of nooks and crannies to put things, gear shift funny location but works, car looks great

power everything, better radio, better paint job, too easy to chip and scratch

Space, the final frontier.
By HM

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this car for exactly 3 years and 69000 miles. It's used for around town and many extended rides of up to 3 to 6 hours each way (the distance to our daughters' colleges). No problems. Handling surprisingly good, better than RX300 we had. Interior is huge, cargo space deceptively large. Perfect back for Golden Retrievers. Fabulous visibility. Very good in bad weather. However, road noise becomes tiresome after an hour. Sound system is just adequate. And my 57 yr old rear end gets sore on long rides (I'm 5'8" and 143lb). If you're going to spend lots of time on commutes or long drives, treat yourself to something more luxo. But for around town and near, it can't be beat.

Interior space, reliability, handling, mileage. Feels like a 6, not a 4 cylinder.

Honda paint. Annoying chips. Road and tire noise as well as uncomfortable seating on long trips. But it's not a luxury SUV, so it is what it is.