2006 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Stay away from Honda product built in UK
By Kevin on 08/01/08 12:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle fell short of what I expected from a Honda product. I began hearing noise from the rear end at about 15,000 miles. I had repeated problems with the audio system,as well. Most recently at 38,000 miles, the airbag sensor light goes on once in a while. Forget about any help from Honda when the warranty expires. My local Honda dealer charges $100 an hour and does not provide free loaner cars. I'm back to Toyotas after this experience with Honda. A UK built Honda can be identified by the the first digit of the VIN being a "S".

Good and Bad
By James on 05/01/08 22:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought my CR-V last month. It rides decently. However, you can feel the wind push it at high speeds. Does feel a little boxy but handles decently. Has some of the benefits of a traditional SUV but still gets good fuel economy without sacrificing interior room. However, reliability is a question that I have noticed in less than a month. The driver's side headlight just went out with only 35,000 miles. Also it seems the rear door latch is starting to give out. The warning light for the rear door keeps coming on the dashboard while driving even after reconfirming the rear door has been closed. Hopefully this is not the beginning of issues after the warranty runs out.

Best Choice....
By Jaysen on 05/01/08 20:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When my car was totaled in an accident, i wanted to replace it with a small SUV. I am an avid reader of car magazines.. i love cars, and i test drove vehicles from the Freelander and Subaru Forester to RAV4 and Escape. No other vehicle offered the right combination of everything. Standard equipment was optional on everything else. I constantly get 24.6 mpg mixed driving and 29 mpg on the open highway. There is a ton of room for 4 adults and gear and this thing is a lot more capable off road than the reviews say. I looked at the new redesigned CR-V's and they have lost there SUV appeal and no more picnic table! This has been the best purchase and best of all, no problems!!

Cute CUV
By Michael on 04/30/08 19:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great little car. It is super for going to the grocery store or cruising for garage sales. The car is super dependable! I love the short turning radius. One even feels comfortable on long trips. One note: I had a clicking sound in the back at 23K and they changed the differential fluid for free. My wife had the same problem with her 06 cr-v at 39K and they charged her $159 because they said it should have been changed at 30K. My next car? Another Honda CR-V!!

Great little CRV
By Luv my CRV on 04/04/08 11:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased Memorial Day 2006. Replaced 2004 Silverado. Performs normal household hauling duties quite well. Taken a couple of short trips with excellent results. Consistently good mileage. Comfortable for four adults. Great egress. Great visibility. Plan to have it for many years.

Couldn't be Happier
By Steve on 03/15/08 19:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased new in Feb. 2006. Since, we have driven from Washington, DC, to Fairbanks, Alaska and have driven it around Alaska for almost 2 years. Let's just say that driving conditions in Alaska are less than ideal: it's Winter 8 months of the year, and most roads outside Anchorage and Fairbanks are not paved. Despite the fact that our CR/V has been less than pampered, we have had zero problems. It was also the least expensive in its class, considering that many of its standard features are options on the RAV-4.

Long Term Test
By GUH on 10/26/07 18:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The CRV replaced a 2000 Lexus RX 300. I wanted a car that would haul a lot of stuff, be driven around town without guzzling gas, be good on long hauls, behave reliably, yet able to be driven aggressively. The CRV fulfills all the above except the long haul issue. After 38,000 miles and not a bit of trouble, it confirms Honda's reputation in building reliable, very drivable, affordable vehicles. The engine and transmission shine. Although a 4 cylinder, it really behaves like a small 6. Once you start taking drives longer than 1 to 3 hours though, lookout, it's not very comfortable. And the noise! That's always been Honda's Achille's heel. In summary, local yes, long drives no.

My Mid-Life Crisis Car
By IT Guy on 09/24/07 21:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was looking for an all wheel drive utility vehicle that didn't drive like a truck and would be reliable for 150k miles or more. I'm very satisfield with the ride, gas mileage, handling, and acceleration. Other competitors I test drove (RAV4, Forester) didn't seem to have the handling and smooth acceleration of the CR-V.

A Good Basic AWD
By Holidaybarb on 08/25/07 17:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted a reasonably priced AWD to replace my beloved 1995 Nissan Pathfinder. The CR-V is exactly what I expected. It runs well and reliably. The gas mileage is about 25MPG - in a good mix of city and highway driving. At first it was hard to adjust to the sounds of the 4 cylinder engine, but I think it actually has a little more pick-up than the Pathfinder did on hilly merges. This is basic, sure-footed, reliable transportation. It's good in the rain and easily gets me up my big hill driveway in the snow. The rear cargo area holds a lot of stuff. And the silver color looks pretty good too.

Last year of Japanese Mfg shows
By Don on 08/10/07 16:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the smallest SUV with AWD I would consider since we are not small people. It is also the first four cylinder I've had for about 20 years. We dumped a V-8 Durango for this little gem, and it does the job. Plenty of power even with the 5 speed auto, but I wish we would have gotten a stick. The D3 setting (only uses lower 3 gears) works well in the hills. It revs quite a bit when you get on it, but climbs well. Not enough leg room for me to drive or ride in front for more than about an hour with the seats all the way back. Very maneuverable though! 2006 was the last year these were made in Japan, and the build quality is there. No rattles, runs smooth and quiet.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.