2006 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
2006 CR-V
By Todd on 07/24/09 14:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Leased the car for my wife in 2006, no brainer decision to buy out the lease at present. The car has been perfect for the wife and small child as a daily driver and well suited for extended family drives/vacations. Sight lines are excellent, functionality is superb with the exception of the hinged back gate - would prefer an overhead rear door. Peppy enough to be fun and strong enough (AWD) for Philadelphia snow. Mileage is disappointing - Accords with the same engine get much better mileage - we've yet to break the 28MPG barrier on the hwy. 6-disc player and sound system is high quality. Reclining rear seats are nice. Overall this is a high value, very functional, simple car.

First time Honda owner of a CR-V
By Charles Wright on 07/08/09 18:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 1st Honda vehicle. I am awestruck by the quality, ride, interior room, accessibility of the controls and the displays. The comfort of the seats and the room overall. The handling is magnificent. Instant response on turning and when the cruise control is on the precise speed at which the car is maintained in any terrain. The CR-V allows me to feel in exact control of all of the controls I need to feel safe and comfortable while driving. This vehicle is extremely quiet and gives me the feeling of a relaxed and tranquil environment. I will forever be a Honda owner.

Honda Milage
By John on 06/22/09 14:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

i have owed my 2006 cr-v from new. I use it as a taxi for airport transfers and regularly get 47 mpg from the 2.4 diesel engine. I can recommend this car to all.

Buy one while you can
By Taysean on 06/18/09 08:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drove an '01 SE till late '06 and was very satisfied. I just recently, 6/5/09, bought an '06 EX w/ 14k miles on it. Needed 4WD to get to WV but wanted the mileage too. Definitely not disappointed. Drive 30 miles to work each day - averaging 32 MPG. Drove a good distance to buy vehicle which was described as "pristine". Was not even close w/ scratches, chips, etc. Saw CR- V's with 50k miles in better condition. But overall, I am pleased w/ the vehicle.

2006 Honda CR-V
By Honda owner on 06/17/09 10:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overall the 2006 CR-V is a wonderful SUV, viewpoints very similar to all that have been said previously. Fuel economy could be better, I fill up sometimes 2 times per week, but the gas prices don't help either. I love the gated rear as opposed to my RX300 I "wrecked" last year..the CR-V was the replacement. The SUV is a little boring, miss my electric everything I will say. Radio is average, road noise is loud, comfort not bad.

Space, the final frontier.
By HM on 05/21/09 04:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this car for exactly 3 years and 69000 miles. It's used for around town and many extended rides of up to 3 to 6 hours each way (the distance to our daughters' colleges). No problems. Handling surprisingly good, better than RX300 we had. Interior is huge, cargo space deceptively large. Perfect back for Golden Retrievers. Fabulous visibility. Very good in bad weather. However, road noise becomes tiresome after an hour. Sound system is just adequate. And my 57 yr old rear end gets sore on long rides (I'm 5'8" and 143lb). If you're going to spend lots of time on commutes or long drives, treat yourself to something more luxo. But for around town and near, it can't be beat.

Quality
By DH on 05/18/09 10:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a reliable car. It is comfortable with kids and car seats, or adults on the commute. The gas mileage is better than listed. With a roof box, we fit 2 adults, 2 kids, a large dog, skis and equipment.

Rough Rider
By Kolef88 on 05/01/09 18:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I really like this car because it is inexpensive to buy and operate, and it never breaks down. However, the ride is very rough. Fortunately I have a short commute to work, but it is tiresome to travel long distances because of the pounding you take from road anomalies. Fair amount of road noise as well. The car handles well on straight highways but feels precarious on curves.

CR-V is reliable
By dogrunnr on 03/23/09 08:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is such a reliable vehicle. I decided to purchase the 2006 to avoid getting stuck with a 2007 (thought the new body design was kinda ugly). I typically put 15-20K miles per year on this vehicle and it has held up wonderfully. I love my CR-V.

Love my CR-V
By I love my Honda on 01/15/09 13:12 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car! I have 2 toddlers that go everywhere with me and a home party business that requires me to tote supplies. This car is perfect for both. Very easy to load and unload. Even good for trips to the local home improvement store. We live in the burbs and I do mostly city/burb driving. I avg 24 mpg (maybe because it is a manual tranny?). We just took it on our first long road trip (1000 miles each way in the winter) and it was great. I have always lived in snowy/icy climates and this car does great in both. It does drag a bit in the summer when the a/c is on and there is some road noise. We are thinking about adding a 3rd kid to our family, but I don't want to give up my CR-V!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.