2006 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Trading for a 2010 CR-V
By sprig on 05/02/10 08:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have put 130,000 miles on this CR-V with no problems whatsoever. Handles great and nice to drive. A v6 is unnecessary, this vehicle has all the power we need. MPG changes considerably if driving into the wind. We've made as little as 20 and as much as 50 (with a gale tale wind), but it averages 27-28 most of the time on the highway.

Overall very good with a few annoyances
By J on 03/18/10 08:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overall, this has been a nice little SUV. The paint quality is sub par; it seems like new scratches appear every day. Also, for an I-4 engine powering a Civic platform, I expected better gas mileage than what I get, which is usually about 20 around town and never better than 23-25 on the highway. Other than that, it drives well, it's comfortable, it carries everything we need it to carry, and it is reliable. This is one we plan to keep until it is "driven into the ground."

Good but not up to the hype
By Former Honda Owner on 03/10/10 06:47 AM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We would have enjoyed the car more if Honda owners didn't hype the brand. The paint was a mess from new. All four seat belts hang onto the ground after a year. Rear differential makes car shudder in turns. Transmission clunks from first to second and back again. Uncomfortable seats and fabric. Shudders on acceleration. Very expensive brakes. Takes forever to get in to dealer, they must be fixing somebody's Honda. Having said all that, the car was pretty good. I'd consider another but you shouldn't buy the hype. It's a car, they break. I'd love to sit down with every person who said, "Buy a Toyota/Honda, you'll never have a another problem. Ridiculous thing to say.

So loud!!!
By Anon on 02/05/10 11:50 AM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car needs less than a 4/10 rating for "quietness". When you drive down the highway, you expect to be able to still hear your passengers talking. Instead, you have to yell to have a conversation. Forget about being able to listen to music while driving on the highway. Frequent rest stops are needed on travels because the seats are so uncomfortable. This is not a vehicle meant for hwy driving, that's for sure.

Totaled my Honda
By Melanie on 12/07/09 17:22 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 16 year old son totaled my Honda this weekend when he fell asleep driving. From the look of the car, it would seem that no one could have walked away from the crash. It was totally pushed in in front and then rolled 2 times. The car saved his life. The safety features worked exactly as they were supposed to and he came away with only bruises from the seat belt and an abrasion on his hand from the air bag deployment. I am totally convinced that the CRV deserves the accolades it gets for safety!

2006 Honda CR-V
By J. Maschler on 10/12/09 14:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have owned Hondas since 1976. This (2006 CRV) is by far the worst one. It drives like a truck without a suspension. Poor gas mileage (22 mpg) and very noisy. Very restricted leg room.

By kathy on 10/07/09 09:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The car is very dependable and has good power. However there are three points that are very bothersome. First, the paint is of pour quality and the exterior of my car is looking bad. I think I can scratch the paint job up with just my fingernail. Second, the car has a lot of road noise. Thirdly, the gas mileage was not as it stated on the sticker (23/29) when I bought it. I have never had better than 26 hwy and around the city i average 18 to 19 mpg.

Love my Honda
By Dawn on 10/04/09 14:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have never felt as safe in a car as I do in this one. It never slips on the snowy Vermont roads. It handles very nicely, there is plenty of room inside, and nothing ever goes wrong with it. I wouldn't trade it for anything (except maybe a newer CR-V).

140,000 miles and going
By takethisandthat on 08/27/09 09:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have no mechanical problems at all with this car. The gas mileage is 26 on the hwy which should be better. The seats are very hard, had to buy a gel seat to sit on. It handles OK but in the wind it gets moved around some. Also, it is loud from road noise. My black paint is like cheap nail polish. But I am sure I will drive this over 200,000 and have no problems.

Stay AWAY from GEN2 CRV
By UNICS33 on 08/20/09 06:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It is soo LOUD, no sound proofing at all. Suspension is very stiff, almost the feeling of riding a buggy...my 3 yo can't even fall asleep, that's how loud and rough ride is. GAS mileage is bad too, averaging 22-23 on normal driving conditions. Car is too heavy for 4 cyl and drag factor is too high. My other Buick Regal is averaging 22mpg and comfort is stellar. Bought it almost new (12K mi) but I sold it in a year because it was very uncomfortable and LOUD, esp. with a little one inside. You feel every little irregularity in the pavement, struts are like filled with steel bars not gas, road noise and engine noise are impressively high. Don't trust the word of mouth. I'm very disappointed.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.