Used 2006 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

A reliable, durable pleasure!
By freshlife51

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've thoroughly enjoyed this tough little SUV!! From Sept. 2005 thrul March 2012 I've put about 70,000 miles on my EX automatic transmission, city driving about 3/4 of the time. It's agile (fantastic turn circumference & good get-up-and-go for hwy on-ramps), comfortable & roomy (great passenger & cargo space! Car seat plus 2 adults fit in back), & has cheerfully handled our over-loaded vacation road trips. I've not had to put a dime into my CR-V except for scheduled maintenance & to (rarely) replace "disposables" like a bulb or tires. Not luxurious but quite comfortable. Road noise is annoyingly pronounced (get with it, Honda!!), but otherwise, this attractive workhorse has been a pure joy!

Agile handling; roomy interior for passengers and cargo; functional storage spaces; unique location of gear shift frees up space for purse/backpack on center front floor; sound system.

My Honda saved my life!! Thank you Honda!
By mbw5

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was in a horrible accident last night - an ambulance slammed into me while I was sitting at an exit ramp from the highway. I must have been hit about 70 miles an hour and there was nowhere for me to go. My CRV is totaled and my face hit something -- I'm guessing the steering wheel -- and I broke my nose. And that was it. I went to see the car at the impound lot today and I truly believe Honda saved my life. The car accordioned in everywhere but stopped before any damage could occur to the back row of seats or the front row of seats. The seating area is completely intact!! I cannot tell you how grateful I am for this car's safety.

(Continued...) I have never been in an accident before and I have to say, I was pretty sure it was over when I saw the ambulance in my rearview mirror barreling at me. To walk away with a broken nose is a true miracle. This is a well-made, safe car and while it is not the hottest looking thing out there, it is made to save lives. I guarantee that I will replace it with another.

Best for teen
By vern125

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I researched for months on the best car for my 16 year old. Hands down, this was the best one in regards to safety, quality and even looks. My daughter is short and has a commanding view of the road. We got the EX with black bumpers because she is sure to bump something here and there and with no paint to scuff off it will stay looking nice:-). Not one rattle. My GMC sounds like parts are going to fall off when I hit a pothole, the CRV is rock solid. Yes, it does have more road noise than some others, but not that much. We came down to the Rav4 and this. This was a better choice, although Toyota would have been a very close second. The Honda just "feels" better if you know what I mean.

Solid feel.

Why did the 07's become raised sedan's?

Don't buy a honda
By jose

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I currently have over 116k on my cr-v if you want high maintenance costs, buy it. Example: 18 months battery replaced. 40k new brakes; 35k new tires. Change spark plugs every 30k. Driver side window cable broke 3 weeks ago. 40k transmission shutters at low speeds 5 trips to different dealers. Finally, problem is diagnosed. Now waiting for last 5 hours to find out if extended warranty will cover repairs. I bought this cute little lemon new. Had a corolla and drove it for 180k for 12 years, once I had to change the alternator, brakes 85k front 110 rears. Also have a Highlander with 95k that gets better gas mileage than this car, I will never buy another Honda.

The radio

The ride; 2010 is still not that good; imitate a rav4, reliability, this car dollar-tens you to death. My overall impression is negative overpriced for the quality, Honda just sold another Toyota to me when I get it fixed,

By D Bell

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Agree with others in saying that overall this small SUV (that feels and is pretty roomy) was very dependable and easy to drive. Mileage was typical - 21 - 26 mpg around town. It had enough engine power. Had it less than a year due to being rear ended by a heavy commercial truck that didn't brake, it just hit. CR-V was totaled. Bad thing, yes. Good thing, we lived. Not much you can say after that...Glad to be here. I have friends who own CR-Vs from 2005 through 2009 and they all love their particular year models. One friend has two CR-Vs in the family, a 2008 and 2009.

Easy to get in and out of car. It's a design for those who haul a lot of "stuff" of any kind.

Back seats were not as comfortable as one would expect. It seemed "noisy" to begin with but perhaps I got used to it. The gear shift seemed to block the air conditioner vent for the driver side (on right as you're facing the steering wheel). I noticed that improved in the following design years.