2006 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
2006 Special Edition
By Gabe on 01/07/06 00:36 AM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Believe it or not i traded in my 2005 Lexus LS 430. I love this car fun to drive all day around in New York & Long Island. I love that i do not have to worry anymore to hit the potholes & suffer extensive tire/suspension damages. Enjoy easy loading at the supermarket & of course regular gas instead of premium fuel.

A little SUV with a lot of quality!
By pastorken on 12/31/05 22:37 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This vehicle was an amazing surprise. Its quality was so far superior to the Ford Escape, and Mercury Mariner that I test drove that it was no contest. It has better acceleration, no squeaks or rattles like the Ford products, and more importantly with its side curtain air bags over the windows, anti-lock brakes with computer control, and traction control all built in standard, it was the safest vehicle you can buy for around $20,000. We were surprised how nimbly it drove, and tested it on empty, wet parking lot, and it maneuvered flawlessly, as we worked the anti-lock brakes to ensure they operated correctly. We are very impressed, as it is far better than Toyota's and Nissan's we have owned.

we love it
By allysmom on 12/28/05 14:43 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I should have purchased my crv years ago, it's the best vehicle I've owned yet. I have a 20 month old and she loves it because she can see out the windows easily from her car seat. We took it on a road trip and it held as much luggage and etc. as our mountaineer did with A LOT better gas mileage. If I could afford to buy another one, me and my husband would both have one. He has plenty of leg room and he is 6 foot 4 inches. We think it's a great investment for the price.

2nd CRV
By Ken on 12/28/05 08:03 AM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Traded by 2000 CRV (EX) for a 2006 EX. After the first 2 weeks, and 400 miles, I am pleased with the purchase. Mileage, mostly around town, was about 22 for the first 2 fill ups. Engine response and pickup is far superior to the 2000 model. Only 2 minor complaints so far. The rear window wiper only cleans about 60% of the window and I really miss the "junk drawer" under the passenger seat in the 2000 CRV.

Back for another...
By Don McConaghy on 12/21/05 18:34 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife has a 2003, and she loves it. I saw a 2006 (same color) with a manual transmission and ahd to have it. It is fun, economical and will probably last a long time.

The big space inside my CRV
By Mario E Saez on 12/13/05 17:04 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My CRV is a good suv, beautiful design, big interior space, easy to drive, very stable in curves by the AWD. The motor is powerful when I need it. The wheel outside leaves a big space under the carpet. It's very useful a table for the camping inside the car.

Excellent choice
By Wyatt on 12/11/05 22:39 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at several small SUVs, including the Chevy Equinox, Ford Escape, and Suzuki XL-7. The CR-V offers the most fun for the money, and the manual tranny is a blast to drive! It is quicker than my last car, a Ford Explorer V-8! It gives great mileage, is a cinch to park, and has as much room as the Explorer ever did (usable room, anyway). The interior cubbies are the best, I have room for Kleenex packets, loads of CDs, my parking deck gate card, and any other small items I ever have, all with its own place!

Can't beat it
By jls on 11/13/05 14:48 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the 3rd CRV in our family and we love them all. I almost got a CRV SE but don't care about the heated seats or leather interior. Instead I upgraded the EX with wood trim interior, compass, gold trim lettering and custom wheel cover. It is a beauty. The CRV is best of all worlds: fun to drive, efficient, full featured and one of the safest cars on the road. My teenaged daughter has the 2002. I feel she is safe in it and her friends like it so much, many of their parents have bought the same.

Lemon
By Roger on 11/10/05 12:19 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Car has several problems, not including a couple of rattles. Car has always had an idle problem that results in hesitation in the mid RPM range. Honda will not fix the problem because they are in denial. Most likely cause is a bad throttle sensor. Very annoying and dangerous (the car can fail to turn off the throttle). In addition, the rear differential is binding.

Just what I was looking for
By Shannon on 11/06/05 21:07 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I found the Honda CR-V easy to handle when driving up hills and around corners. It's got plenty of room for five people, and ample room to store things in the back. I expecially like that the door in the rear opens "out" like a car door verses "up" like most other suv's. This makes it easier on the arms and shoulders of women or smaller people.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.