Used 2006 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

honda 2006
By network0

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

got a good deal on the car (i think). Fun to drive. great control at corners. nice interiors, good looks. on the down side honda civic, accord and CRV on civic chaisis is that on uneven road (cracks) on freeway it gives some sound that is not there in toyotas. there is not any mechanical problem but the suspension of these cars is not same as toyotas. Apart from this hondas are great cars.

CRV
By Joe

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The CR-V is a perfict vehicle if you need something that is car like in everyway but has alot more space for cargo and people. The power the engine has is more then enuff in the city and highway. The ride is comfortable and quiet even at high speeds.

The handling is car like and interior is perfict in all ways (space, compartments,) and I love that built in picknick table it shows me that Honda is thinking outside of the box.

Better sound system. Not enough power in the sound system for a vehicle of this size. There should be speakers in the back where the picknick table is for example the dodge caliper with the rear speakers that face out.

not user friendly interior
By Leonard

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Problems, arm rest are too small, need to be 2/3in wider,no lights on steering wheel controlds(radio,cruse,control) radio station and clock time numbers are too hard to see, not enough "trinket" storage. Other than that its "ok"

wider arm rest, more storage, lighted steering wheel,controls and better or bigger numbers on radio and time indication.

Can't touch dis
By accelv

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drove practically all the competing small SUV's and the CRV came out on top for many reasons: safety, value, economy, reliability, design, and price ($20,300 out the door, including tax!). It's a nearly perfect vehicle, just as good as my previous '98 Odyssey, the top rated vehicle in the 1998 Consumer Reports auto issue. I just wish I could have waited to see the 2007 model. Honda packs a lot of vehicle into diminutive dimensions and has cleverly designed the rear seats to adjust back and forth, recline, split, and fold and tumble forward for massive storage.

I am averaging 25 mpg around town and I got 29 mpg on a long trip @ 75 mph! Can't touch dis! Judging from my previous experience with Hondas, I won't be visiting my dealership too often for repairs. I feel safe driving with all of the airbags and driver assists. Best bang for the buck anywhere!

Offer a hybrid model. There is no rear bumper. The heavy rear door opens on the wrong side, but 2007 design fixes that. The front end is kinda homely. The front seats are a lil hard and don't slide back enuff. It's a stretch to the radio buttons. Tinted windows should be standard.

2nd CR-V fEX or me
By watson

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

this is my second CR-V; I just traded in my 2003 CR-V EX (with 88,000 miles on it) for a 2006 model, because I loved my first one. this is my 4th Honda. Honda's really made some great addtions since 2003. First, the EX is now available in 2WD; the AWD was nice, but I did not need it, and felt it robbed mileage. Second, it now has 16- inch tires, so the ride is MUCH improved. Third, the stability control is a nice addition, especially the with the braking assist. Fourth, the new side curtain airbags were a great safety touch. I have had the 2006 for 2 weeks, and I love it. It's fun to drive, and peppy. I am looking forward to improved gas mileage. Glad they kept the in-dash CD changer.

Seating position, easy to get in and out of. Nice view of road. In-dash CD changer is wonderful (call me old- fashioned.) Improved ride. LOVE THE RADIO CONTROLS ON THE STEERING WHEEL!!!!! Love the cargo area, and the adjustable rear seats. Remote is now integrated in the key

More than 2 inside colors. No variable intermittent wipers (2007 CR-V has this). Small blind-spot on the driver's side. Underseat storage drawer gone. Need an available caddy for under the table; no place for kleenex/wipes. Tinted glass on front windows and a tint strip on windshield would be nice.