Used 2006 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Most Helpful|
Had to go with Quality and Reliability
By Lanny

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My first SUV happens to be this Honda CRV EX. It is probably one of the best decisions I have ever made. How can anyone ignore the quality and reliability of Honda? I considered other SUVs in its class but none could compare to the crisp driving experience of the Honda. You can "feel" the quality of craftmanship in the Honda engine when driving. I was considering a used Honda CRV but the high resale value made the difference only 1 or 2k and in some cases the used costed more than the new, so I bought NEW. The good gas mileage is another plus. The fold down and tumble back seats is an amazing feature and the picnic table made this the must have family car. Honda 4 life!

Favorite Features

walk space in the cabin. fold down and tumble seats. picnic table. sunroof. gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Make it even roomier. Lower the price. Make a hybrid version.

CR-V is reliable
By dogrunnr

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is such a reliable vehicle. I decided to purchase the 2006 to avoid getting stuck with a 2007 (thought the new body design was kinda ugly). I typically put 15-20K miles per year on this vehicle and it has held up wonderfully. I love my CR-V.

Favorite Features

The ample cargo space. I can keep stuffing this vehicle with items for long trips and it seems to handle it all.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint is the swing-open rear hatch door. Rather smartly, Honda switched the CR-V's rear hatch door to a vertical lift door with the latest design of the CR-V. I would've bought the new design, but felt the vehicle's design overall was somewhat ugly.

Good but not up to the hype
By Former Honda Owner

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We would have enjoyed the car more if Honda owners didn't hype the brand. The paint was a mess from new. All four seat belts hang onto the ground after a year. Rear differential makes car shudder in turns. Transmission clunks from first to second and back again. Uncomfortable seats and fabric. Shudders on acceleration. Very expensive brakes. Takes forever to get in to dealer, they must be fixing somebody's Honda. Having said all that, the car was pretty good. I'd consider another but you shouldn't buy the hype. It's a car, they break. I'd love to sit down with every person who said, "Buy a Toyota/Honda, you'll never have a another problem. Ridiculous thing to say.

What a looker
By newCRVowner

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great little SUV. Previously owned a 98 Accord, only maintenance, never broke down. Honda quality outstanding. Interior has more plastic than accord's, but still nice. Handles well, comfortable as it drives like a car. Clear view of road ahead of you. Look forward to the all-wheel drive in the upcoming winter. Holds its resale value very well. Wind noise is minimal. The fuel efficient 4 cylinder is what sold us. Interior is user friendly. We like the steering wheel mounted radio controls. The vehicle has a nice 4x4 stance, but yet is very classy looking. Like the look of the 2006 more so than the 2007. Rear tinted glass is a bonus for children. Best looking mini SUV on the market.

Favorite Features

Exterior appearance, all-wheel drive, standard safety features, 4-cylinder engine, Honda reliability. Leather interior and heated seats. Very good heat/air conditioning system.

Suggested Improvements

Rear hatch opens on the wrong side and has done so since its introduction to the North American market. This has been corrected in 2007.

Still going strong!
By greensuv

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Honda CR-V and I don't have any major complaints. I've never broken down, and have only had to replace a few parts. The added features on the Special Edition like heated seats make me feel like I'm driving a luxury car.

Favorite Features

I love the practicality of the size, and the versatility of the the backseats - you can move furniture or transport kids.

Suggested Improvements

My only small complaint is that the headlights are not very bright.