Used 2006 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

2006 Honda CRV #2
By kaplanm@cox.net

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the second CRV in a row I've owned. They are nice small utility vehicles. Quick, gas efficient, not large, but holds lots of stuff. No problems. Sturdy. Reliable

Favorite Features

The XM Radio is a great addition. I absolutely love it.

Suggested Improvements

The interior tan color shows dirt more than I like. Darker interiors are better.

North Country
By North of 55

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have now owned this car for one full year and used it thru 2 Canadian winters as well as one vacation trip thru the Rocky Mountains. Love this car. Great for snow and ice conditions, and most importantly its gets WARM quickly in the winter (I'm talking -30 here). This is my first Japanese car and I'm very impressed with the quality.

Favorite Features

Bright headlights, antiskid system and ABS. Excellent power.

Suggested Improvements

Fog lamps as standard equipment, heated seats as an available option.

watch out below
By harold

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very nice traveling car, excellent seats for long trips, both front and rear. Ride, handling, acceleration are very good. The manual is very quick (8.7 seconds 0-60) and fun to drive. Comfortably towed a 1200 lbs. trailer over 4000 miles in mountain west with adequate power. Some torque steer on hard acceleration. Worst feature: vulnerable fuel tank, evap recovery cannister, and subframe in rear. Had a $1600 repair from driving on a gravel road with some rocky outcroppings. This is really a suburban car, OK in snow and mud, not suitable for roads that are at all rough. Design is optimized for comfort, space. All-wheel drive requires front wheel-spin before it engages.

Favorite Features

Engine, acceleration, braking, seat comfort, ride comfort, handling, sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Computer controlled AWD system that doesn't require wheel spin before power shifts to rear. MUCH better protection of undercarriage. Sacrifice some interior space to protect fuel components. Increase ground clearance in rear of vehicle.

It's simply beauty
By beauty

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It is a suv so compare it with suv lines. I can't even take my eyes off my beautiful white shinning baby. I got compliments from people all the time. I know it is a eye-catcher and drive like a champ. The steering wheel operates like a car. I can't say enough good things about it. After all, it is a car, and you have to feel the passion and pride to own one.

Favorite Features

The name says it all! great resell value, very dependable, very sexy looking car!

Suggested Improvements

Stereo system can be more power. I wish there is an ac outlet in the back for kids. gps will be really nice, so my girlfriend who owns a Highlander will leave me alone.

I Love It.
By An Owner

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I liked my 1997 so much I bought a new 2006 CRV and I love it. It was between the CRV and RAV4 and I decided on the CRV. Honda was willing to deal on the price and I got it below invoice. The 2006 is comfortable, roomy, practical and the engine is "peppier" (the only real knock I had with my old one.) My gas mileage has been between 23-27 as on the sticker. It feels like a substantial, quality vehicle.

Favorite Features

More powerful engine, passenger seat armrest, single rear door.

Suggested Improvements

Variable intermittent wipers, radio controls closer to driver. I liked the old folding rear seats because they gave a larger flat surface in the cargo area.