2006 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews 12

2006 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
2006 CR-V EX
By mountain goat on 03/19/06 18:59 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i love my cute Honda CR-V. It handles like a dream. Has incredibly smooth transmission. Acceleration is commendable for such a small engine. It gives exactly what it claims: 21mpg city driving; about 28 for highway. The available cargo room is amazing. The CR- V is stylish, but it has a lot of competition from the copycats.

Great car
By stacy on 03/17/06 09:08 AM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car drives wonderfully. Very quiet and comfortable drive. Fuel economy is wonderful, especially for an SUV. Great pick up, and lots of room!

Dying Breed - Get One Before LX is Gone!
By 3RdHonda on 03/14/06 14:29 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my third Honda, all based on the Civic platform, dating back to 1982. The first two were 82 and 89 Civics. They served their purpose, but I ended up with a bunch of Toyotas, including a 1993 Toyota Previa which now has well over 400K miles. When looking for an all-around family utility vehicle, I almost ended up buying the Toyota RAV4, but the 2005 model was too small and the 2006 model is trying to be another Toyota Highlander, bigger and over-priced. I searched all over car lots for something to set itself apart, that's when I came across the 2006 Honda CR-V LX 4WD, the ONLY trim level made in Japan, not England. All 2007 CR-V will be bigger made outside Japan; that's OK, Right?

ok, but sorry I didn't get a toyota
By bobby on 03/14/06 02:52 AM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Fuel mileage in around town driving is poor, at best. On the highway it is close to the rated 29MPG. Don't expect any extras like windows finishing going up or down after the key is turned off, or any kind of fuel economy readings or trip computer. When they say the radio is XM ready, they mean ONLY if you buy their version for about $500. Don't forget to ask for fog lights if you want them, add on is another $500. Dealers like to add another 1500-2000 for their special features, like paint sealant or vent deflectors, or sunroof deflector. All in all, if I ahd it to do over, I wouldn't.

CRV
By tyranitar22 on 03/13/06 19:04 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

love this car, it takes turns beautifully, and its acceleration is amazing for an suv.

Third Honda
By E.J.S on 03/09/06 12:16 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just picked up 2006 ex with automatic. Very smooth ride. Love the color blue. Has great standard safety features. I owned two other Hondas they were accords an they both served me well. Looking forward to seeing the design of the new 2007. I don't think you'll be disappointed with this purchase.

fun suv
By R. Ros on 03/04/06 23:43 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great fun to drive. Could use better fuel economy. I like most things about the car. It seems to have plenty of pep.

Great Gas Mileage! Alot for the money!!
By stang100 on 03/02/06 19:29 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought my '06 CRV SE and so far its been a great little SUV! Has much more pick up than I thought it would have, faster than the ford escape with v-6! Shopped around alot and nobody could beat the deal that honda would give for a suv with same features. The SE edition is worth the extra money, plus you get it back in resale value. Also very roomy inside, 72 cu. ft! Solid road feel, couldnt be happier!

Great Gas Mileage
By G Money on 02/20/06 21:26 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Sure you could get better gas mileage with a sedan, but the CR-V gets great gas mileage for a SUV. It has lots of cargo space for a smaller SUV. It handles like a car, but you still get to feel like you're riding high and driving a bigger automobile. If you can afford it, and don't mind the lower gas mileage, then get the Pilot. But for a small SUV, the CR-V is great!

My CRV
By ana wells on 02/16/06 22:39 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Drives great when in the rain. It is a practical car, love the picnic table and the spacious cargo area. I also love the fact that the seats can be made into a chaise lounge. It is a great car to have when having small children in the car. The side curtain air-bags makes me feel safe as well as the reenforced safety cage.