Used 2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Still going strong!
By greensuv

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Honda CR-V and I don't have any major complaints. I've never broken down, and have only had to replace a few parts. The added features on the Special Edition like heated seats make me feel like I'm driving a luxury car.

I love the practicality of the size, and the versatility of the the backseats - you can move furniture or transport kids.

My only small complaint is that the headlights are not very bright.

My Honda saved my life!! Thank you Honda!
By mbw5

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was in a horrible accident last night - an ambulance slammed into me while I was sitting at an exit ramp from the highway. I must have been hit about 70 miles an hour and there was nowhere for me to go. My CRV is totaled and my face hit something -- I'm guessing the steering wheel -- and I broke my nose. And that was it. I went to see the car at the impound lot today and I truly believe Honda saved my life. The car accordioned in everywhere but stopped before any damage could occur to the back row of seats or the front row of seats. The seating area is completely intact!! I cannot tell you how grateful I am for this car's safety.

(Continued...) I have never been in an accident before and I have to say, I was pretty sure it was over when I saw the ambulance in my rearview mirror barreling at me. To walk away with a broken nose is a true miracle. This is a well-made, safe car and while it is not the hottest looking thing out there, it is made to save lives. I guarantee that I will replace it with another.

By D Bell

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Agree with others in saying that overall this small SUV (that feels and is pretty roomy) was very dependable and easy to drive. Mileage was typical - 21 - 26 mpg around town. It had enough engine power. Had it less than a year due to being rear ended by a heavy commercial truck that didn't brake, it just hit. CR-V was totaled. Bad thing, yes. Good thing, we lived. Not much you can say after that...Glad to be here. I have friends who own CR-Vs from 2005 through 2009 and they all love their particular year models. One friend has two CR-Vs in the family, a 2008 and 2009.

Easy to get in and out of car. It's a design for those who haul a lot of "stuff" of any kind.

Back seats were not as comfortable as one would expect. It seemed "noisy" to begin with but perhaps I got used to it. The gear shift seemed to block the air conditioner vent for the driver side (on right as you're facing the steering wheel). I noticed that improved in the following design years.

Good but not up to the hype
By Former Honda Owner

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We would have enjoyed the car more if Honda owners didn't hype the brand. The paint was a mess from new. All four seat belts hang onto the ground after a year. Rear differential makes car shudder in turns. Transmission clunks from first to second and back again. Uncomfortable seats and fabric. Shudders on acceleration. Very expensive brakes. Takes forever to get in to dealer, they must be fixing somebody's Honda. Having said all that, the car was pretty good. I'd consider another but you shouldn't buy the hype. It's a car, they break. I'd love to sit down with every person who said, "Buy a Toyota/Honda, you'll never have a another problem. Ridiculous thing to say.

2006 Honda CR-V
By Honda owner

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overall the 2006 CR-V is a wonderful SUV, viewpoints very similar to all that have been said previously. Fuel economy could be better, I fill up sometimes 2 times per week, but the gas prices don't help either. I love the gated rear as opposed to my RX300 I "wrecked" last year..the CR-V was the replacement. The SUV is a little boring, miss my electric everything I will say. Radio is average, road noise is loud, comfort not bad.

roomy, a lot of nooks and crannies to put things, gear shift funny location but works, car looks great

power everything, better radio, better paint job, too easy to chip and scratch