Used 2006 Honda CR-V EX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Best for teen
By vern125

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I researched for months on the best car for my 16 year old. Hands down, this was the best one in regards to safety, quality and even looks. My daughter is short and has a commanding view of the road. We got the EX with black bumpers because she is sure to bump something here and there and with no paint to scuff off it will stay looking nice:-). Not one rattle. My GMC sounds like parts are going to fall off when I hit a pothole, the CRV is rock solid. Yes, it does have more road noise than some others, but not that much. We came down to the Rav4 and this. This was a better choice, although Toyota would have been a very close second. The Honda just "feels" better if you know what I mean.

Solid feel.

Why did the 07's become raised sedan's?

2006 Honda CR-V
By J. Maschler

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have owned Hondas since 1976. This (2006 CRV) is by far the worst one. It drives like a truck without a suspension. Poor gas mileage (22 mpg) and very noisy. Very restricted leg room.

Loading capability.

Improve gas mileage. Reduce the noise. Change the suspension. Improve the leg room.

Honda Milage
By John

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

i have owed my 2006 cr-v from new. I use it as a taxi for airport transfers and regularly get 47 mpg from the 2.4 diesel engine. I can recommend this car to all.

Fuel economy and comfort.

My CRV
By paul

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought it new as I wanted a fuel efficient small SUV and I believe Honda makes the best. Believe or not I actually used the hidden picnic table for some work I had to do on a leaf blower. It is extremely quick off the line, handles ok, but will get new sticky wider tires to help that. The sunroof rocks, the cd changer is great, and sound is fine but not as good as the Element. 21-22 mpg in town. On a trip, 26-28.

Sunroof, comfortable seats, reasonable room for carrying things, quick around town, fun to drive for what it is.

I would give it a slightly bigger engine with better torque down low, increase the towing to 3500 lbs, add lower wider stickier tires, and lower the car or at least have Honda supply aftermarket goodies. Better exhaust sound.

Had to go with Quality and Reliability
By Lanny

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My first SUV happens to be this Honda CRV EX. It is probably one of the best decisions I have ever made. How can anyone ignore the quality and reliability of Honda? I considered other SUVs in its class but none could compare to the crisp driving experience of the Honda. You can "feel" the quality of craftmanship in the Honda engine when driving. I was considering a used Honda CRV but the high resale value made the difference only 1 or 2k and in some cases the used costed more than the new, so I bought NEW. The good gas mileage is another plus. The fold down and tumble back seats is an amazing feature and the picnic table made this the must have family car. Honda 4 life!

walk space in the cabin. fold down and tumble seats. picnic table. sunroof. gas mileage

Make it even roomier. Lower the price. Make a hybrid version.