2006 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Still going strong!
By greensuv on 10/21/13 14:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Honda CR-V and I don't have any major complaints. I've never broken down, and have only had to replace a few parts. The added features on the Special Edition like heated seats make me feel like I'm driving a luxury car.

My Honda saved my life!! Thank you Honda!
By mbw5 on 12/29/11 19:08 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was in a horrible accident last night - an ambulance slammed into me while I was sitting at an exit ramp from the highway. I must have been hit about 70 miles an hour and there was nowhere for me to go. My CRV is totaled and my face hit something -- I'm guessing the steering wheel -- and I broke my nose. And that was it. I went to see the car at the impound lot today and I truly believe Honda saved my life. The car accordioned in everywhere but stopped before any damage could occur to the back row of seats or the front row of seats. The seating area is completely intact!! I cannot tell you how grateful I am for this car's safety.

By D Bell on 07/21/10 09:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Agree with others in saying that overall this small SUV (that feels and is pretty roomy) was very dependable and easy to drive. Mileage was typical - 21 - 26 mpg around town. It had enough engine power. Had it less than a year due to being rear ended by a heavy commercial truck that didn't brake, it just hit. CR-V was totaled. Bad thing, yes. Good thing, we lived. Not much you can say after that...Glad to be here. I have friends who own CR-Vs from 2005 through 2009 and they all love their particular year models. One friend has two CR-Vs in the family, a 2008 and 2009.

Good but not up to the hype
By Former Honda Owner on 03/10/10 06:47 AM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We would have enjoyed the car more if Honda owners didn't hype the brand. The paint was a mess from new. All four seat belts hang onto the ground after a year. Rear differential makes car shudder in turns. Transmission clunks from first to second and back again. Uncomfortable seats and fabric. Shudders on acceleration. Very expensive brakes. Takes forever to get in to dealer, they must be fixing somebody's Honda. Having said all that, the car was pretty good. I'd consider another but you shouldn't buy the hype. It's a car, they break. I'd love to sit down with every person who said, "Buy a Toyota/Honda, you'll never have a another problem. Ridiculous thing to say.

2006 Honda CR-V
By Honda owner on 06/17/09 10:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overall the 2006 CR-V is a wonderful SUV, viewpoints very similar to all that have been said previously. Fuel economy could be better, I fill up sometimes 2 times per week, but the gas prices don't help either. I love the gated rear as opposed to my RX300 I "wrecked" last year..the CR-V was the replacement. The SUV is a little boring, miss my electric everything I will say. Radio is average, road noise is loud, comfort not bad.

Space, the final frontier.
By HM on 05/21/09 04:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this car for exactly 3 years and 69000 miles. It's used for around town and many extended rides of up to 3 to 6 hours each way (the distance to our daughters' colleges). No problems. Handling surprisingly good, better than RX300 we had. Interior is huge, cargo space deceptively large. Perfect back for Golden Retrievers. Fabulous visibility. Very good in bad weather. However, road noise becomes tiresome after an hour. Sound system is just adequate. And my 57 yr old rear end gets sore on long rides (I'm 5'8" and 143lb). If you're going to spend lots of time on commutes or long drives, treat yourself to something more luxo. But for around town and near, it can't be beat.

Rough Rider
By Kolef88 on 05/01/09 18:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I really like this car because it is inexpensive to buy and operate, and it never breaks down. However, the ride is very rough. Fortunately I have a short commute to work, but it is tiresome to travel long distances because of the pounding you take from road anomalies. Fair amount of road noise as well. The car handles well on straight highways but feels precarious on curves.

Great little CRV
By Luv my CRV on 04/04/08 11:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased Memorial Day 2006. Replaced 2004 Silverado. Performs normal household hauling duties quite well. Taken a couple of short trips with excellent results. Consistently good mileage. Comfortable for four adults. Great egress. Great visibility. Plan to have it for many years.

Long Term Test
By GUH on 10/26/07 18:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The CRV replaced a 2000 Lexus RX 300. I wanted a car that would haul a lot of stuff, be driven around town without guzzling gas, be good on long hauls, behave reliably, yet able to be driven aggressively. The CRV fulfills all the above except the long haul issue. After 38,000 miles and not a bit of trouble, it confirms Honda's reputation in building reliable, very drivable, affordable vehicles. The engine and transmission shine. Although a 4 cylinder, it really behaves like a small 6. Once you start taking drives longer than 1 to 3 hours though, lookout, it's not very comfortable. And the noise! That's always been Honda's Achille's heel. In summary, local yes, long drives no.

Worst vehicle ever owned
By nashcbr929 on 06/28/07 07:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I hate this car, I traded my f-150 supercrew 5.4 for this CR-V because my wife wanted something smaller w/better gas mileage. My truck got 13.5 everywhere, and this CR-V gets about 14 in town, and I completely baby this thing. I keep it under 2000 rpms everywhere in town and still get 14 mpg. It doesn't lock the doors automatically in drive, no auto headlights, terrible ergonomics in the seats and driving position. The only thing positive I have to say about it is that it has light steering and handles decent.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.