2006 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Don't buy a honda
By jose on 07/30/10 14:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I currently have over 116k on my cr-v if you want high maintenance costs, buy it. Example: 18 months battery replaced. 40k new brakes; 35k new tires. Change spark plugs every 30k. Driver side window cable broke 3 weeks ago. 40k transmission shutters at low speeds 5 trips to different dealers. Finally, problem is diagnosed. Now waiting for last 5 hours to find out if extended warranty will cover repairs. I bought this cute little lemon new. Had a corolla and drove it for 180k for 12 years, once I had to change the alternator, brakes 85k front 110 rears. Also have a Highlander with 95k that gets better gas mileage than this car, I will never buy another Honda.

By kathy on 10/07/09 09:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The car is very dependable and has good power. However there are three points that are very bothersome. First, the paint is of pour quality and the exterior of my car is looking bad. I think I can scratch the paint job up with just my fingernail. Second, the car has a lot of road noise. Thirdly, the gas mileage was not as it stated on the sticker (23/29) when I bought it. I have never had better than 26 hwy and around the city i average 18 to 19 mpg.

Stay AWAY from GEN2 CRV
By UNICS33 on 08/20/09 06:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It is soo LOUD, no sound proofing at all. Suspension is very stiff, almost the feeling of riding a buggy...my 3 yo can't even fall asleep, that's how loud and rough ride is. GAS mileage is bad too, averaging 22-23 on normal driving conditions. Car is too heavy for 4 cyl and drag factor is too high. My other Buick Regal is averaging 22mpg and comfort is stellar. Bought it almost new (12K mi) but I sold it in a year because it was very uncomfortable and LOUD, esp. with a little one inside. You feel every little irregularity in the pavement, struts are like filled with steel bars not gas, road noise and engine noise are impressively high. Don't trust the word of mouth. I'm very disappointed.

Good and Bad
By James on 05/01/08 22:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought my CR-V last month. It rides decently. However, you can feel the wind push it at high speeds. Does feel a little boxy but handles decently. Has some of the benefits of a traditional SUV but still gets good fuel economy without sacrificing interior room. However, reliability is a question that I have noticed in less than a month. The driver's side headlight just went out with only 35,000 miles. Also it seems the rear door latch is starting to give out. The warning light for the rear door keeps coming on the dashboard while driving even after reconfirming the rear door has been closed. Hopefully this is not the beginning of issues after the warranty runs out.

The seats are stiff and uncomfortable
By Sus on 06/14/07 22:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded down from a Honda Pilot with leather seats. I rode in the back seat of the CRV for the first time after owning the car for 8 months. Not enough leg room, horrible head rests, stiff seats- we cancelled our vacation plans.

North Country
By North of 55 on 11/26/06 10:31 AM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have now owned this car for one full year and used it thru 2 Canadian winters as well as one vacation trip thru the Rocky Mountains. Love this car. Great for snow and ice conditions, and most importantly its gets WARM quickly in the winter (I'm talking -30 here). This is my first Japanese car and I'm very impressed with the quality.

Excellence - 06 Honda CRV
By hdana on 09/28/06 13:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The 2006 Honda CRV is a responsive, fun car to drive. Honda reliability was a deciding factor for purchase. Our intention is to drive this car for the next 150,000 miles as we have our other Honda.

honda 2006
By network0 on 09/19/06 17:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

got a good deal on the car (i think). Fun to drive. great control at corners. nice interiors, good looks. on the down side honda civic, accord and CRV on civic chaisis is that on uneven road (cracks) on freeway it gives some sound that is not there in toyotas. there is not any mechanical problem but the suspension of these cars is not same as toyotas. Apart from this hondas are great cars.

Can't touch dis
By accelv on 09/12/06 08:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drove practically all the competing small SUV's and the CRV came out on top for many reasons: safety, value, economy, reliability, design, and price ($20,300 out the door, including tax!). It's a nearly perfect vehicle, just as good as my previous '98 Odyssey, the top rated vehicle in the 1998 Consumer Reports auto issue. I just wish I could have waited to see the 2007 model. Honda packs a lot of vehicle into diminutive dimensions and has cleverly designed the rear seats to adjust back and forth, recline, split, and fold and tumble forward for massive storage.

Cheap, big, safe
By lahiri on 08/29/06 18:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It's inexpensive. It's big inside. Seats are comfortable and roomy, and cargo room is huge too. It's safe - comes standard with seat mounted airbags, curtain airbags, stability assist, ABS.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.