Used 2006 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 147 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

It will get you to A to B but with headaches
By Shane B.

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I own a 2006 Honda CR-V with 180,000 miles on it. So far it has been a reliable car with a lot of headaches. First off my model had the faulty airbag that, if set off could send bits of shrapnel into your neck and face causing severe injury or death. Got the recall about a year ago in 2015 and I have been driving this car for almost 10 years. So right off the bat safety wise is a no go. Thank God I did not get into an accident that would have set the airbag off. If your interested in this car MAKE sure the one you are buying has had the airbag replaced at the dealership. I say reliable as in you can drive this car into the dirt and it will still keep on driving. That's the only thing I like about this car after many years of driving it. Right from the start it had road noise, needed a new starter (still have starter issues), and after 15,000 miles I already had warped rotors. Now at 180,000 miles my rotors warped again and I have had wobbles and jitters throughout the coarse of owning this car. The fuel pump had to be replaced 3 times over the course of my ownership. I keep having to replace the headlights every 4 to 6 months as they burn out really fast. As an SUV type of car handling around corners isn't really great as you feel like you are going to tip over so you have to slow down. I don't drive recklessly; I drive carefully. Maybe I just got a lemon but if you don't want a car that will cause you headaches constantly don't get it. If you are willing to spend the money on replacing parts and having them go out 4 months later go ahead. Again the only thing I like about this car is that reliably; you can drive it in the dirt and keep on driving but in a car reliable to me is having a car that will drive and maintenance is a breeze. Overall it's been a great car to have to run into the dirt (MPG not that great for a 4 cylinder) but I'm tired of continuously spending money on problems that keep surfacing and I know the CR-V is tired as well. So I'm finally selling it and getting another car. Brand new I should have bought another car, but I drove this CR-V with constant problems. Again maybe I got a lemon. The end? I'm never buying another Honda; lesson learned. I mean my girlfriend's dad's 2005 Chevy 1,500 has not had as many problems as my car has and he has spent significantly less in repairs and maintenance over the years of owning that truck.

Worth every penny
By perek75

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drive the Honda LX trim level. 152500 miles and the only none scheduled repair was replacing the blower motor which was 5000 miles ago. Reliable, dependable and good economy car , gas mileage 22-26 or so with AWD. Got the car new. I am 6 ft 2 in tall and 300 lbs + and I am very comfortable driving and riding in this car. Plenty of head space and easy to get in and out of. My wife is around 5 ft and she can easily adjust seat for her. If anything there is some road noice especially when comparing with newer 2015 model cars and the stereo is not the best but it works fine. Great winter car as well (Chicago area Michelin hydroedge tires). Comfortable seats, good visibility.

Dependable and reliable.

Could have had a better stereo,

Almost 100,000 and still going good
By Mario Matias

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm at 90,000 miles and haven't really had any major problems with the vehicle. Only thing I've had to replace is my tires. The only unscheduled issues I've had is problems with the truck's trim. It is a little cheap and not secured very well. A piece of the windshield trim flew off and I have a few other pieces of trim that are coming loose. That's not too big of a deal though. It's a nice family suv, it's very reliable and easy to work on. The pull-out table in the trunk is a nice little added feature also. I do recommend getting better tires if you want to take full advantage of the AWD. I definitely recommend this vehicle though.

AWD, pull-out table, back seats flip all the way up against the front seats.

Higher quality trim. Bigger tires. More speeds on windshield wipers.

Still going strong!
By greensuv

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Honda CR-V and I don't have any major complaints. I've never broken down, and have only had to replace a few parts. The added features on the Special Edition like heated seats make me feel like I'm driving a luxury car.

I love the practicality of the size, and the versatility of the the backseats - you can move furniture or transport kids.

My only small complaint is that the headlights are not very bright.

ABS VSA Lights are on @ ~110K
By noahred

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had a PTTR (pull to the right) problem when I first got it - brand new. Dealer agreed to fix it after a few trips. Make sure you're driving the actual car you're going to buy - when you're buying a brand new car.

ABS & VSA lights came on around 110K miles. Dealer asked $2000 to fix!

These being said it's a reliable car. I would buy it again.

AWD - snow or rain. This car doesn't care.

Seats can be better.