2006 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Still going strong!
By greensuv on 10/21/13 14:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Honda CR-V and I don't have any major complaints. I've never broken down, and have only had to replace a few parts. The added features on the Special Edition like heated seats make me feel like I'm driving a luxury car.

ABS VSA Lights are on @ ~110K
By noahred on 08/19/13 10:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had a PTTR (pull to the right) problem when I first got it - brand new. Dealer agreed to fix it after a few trips. Make sure you're driving the actual car you're going to buy - when you're buying a brand new car. ABS & VSA lights came on around 110K miles. Dealer asked $2000 to fix! These being said it's a reliable car. I would buy it again.

Love this car!
By hillaryous on 04/18/12 11:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used in July of 2011. It had one previous owner and 130,000 miles. Since I've bought it I have put just over 10,000 miles on it. I have so much fun driving it. My sister drove it once and loved it too. Its very spacious. It is a little noisy but that just gives me a reason to turn the music up louder. Its great for roadtrips and just back and forth to school and work. I will drive this into the ground and then will probably buy a Pilot instead of another CR-V because I don't like that the newer model's backends open up instead of out to the side plus I like the extra room.

A reliable, durable pleasure!
By freshlife51 on 03/20/12 22:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've thoroughly enjoyed this tough little SUV!! From Sept. 2005 thrul March 2012 I've put about 70,000 miles on my EX automatic transmission, city driving about 3/4 of the time. It's agile (fantastic turn circumference & good get-up-and-go for hwy on-ramps), comfortable & roomy (great passenger & cargo space! Car seat plus 2 adults fit in back), & has cheerfully handled our over-loaded vacation road trips. I've not had to put a dime into my CR-V except for scheduled maintenance & to (rarely) replace "disposables" like a bulb or tires. Not luxurious but quite comfortable. Road noise is annoyingly pronounced (get with it, Honda!!), but otherwise, this attractive workhorse has been a pure joy!

My Honda saved my life!! Thank you Honda!
By mbw5 on 12/29/11 19:08 PM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was in a horrible accident last night - an ambulance slammed into me while I was sitting at an exit ramp from the highway. I must have been hit about 70 miles an hour and there was nowhere for me to go. My CRV is totaled and my face hit something -- I'm guessing the steering wheel -- and I broke my nose. And that was it. I went to see the car at the impound lot today and I truly believe Honda saved my life. The car accordioned in everywhere but stopped before any damage could occur to the back row of seats or the front row of seats. The seating area is completely intact!! I cannot tell you how grateful I am for this car's safety.

Best for teen
By vern125 on 11/22/11 02:47 AM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I researched for months on the best car for my 16 year old. Hands down, this was the best one in regards to safety, quality and even looks. My daughter is short and has a commanding view of the road. We got the EX with black bumpers because she is sure to bump something here and there and with no paint to scuff off it will stay looking nice:-). Not one rattle. My GMC sounds like parts are going to fall off when I hit a pothole, the CRV is rock solid. Yes, it does have more road noise than some others, but not that much. We came down to the Rav4 and this. This was a better choice, although Toyota would have been a very close second. The Honda just "feels" better if you know what I mean.

Don't buy a honda
By jose on 07/30/10 14:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I currently have over 116k on my cr-v if you want high maintenance costs, buy it. Example: 18 months battery replaced. 40k new brakes; 35k new tires. Change spark plugs every 30k. Driver side window cable broke 3 weeks ago. 40k transmission shutters at low speeds 5 trips to different dealers. Finally, problem is diagnosed. Now waiting for last 5 hours to find out if extended warranty will cover repairs. I bought this cute little lemon new. Had a corolla and drove it for 180k for 12 years, once I had to change the alternator, brakes 85k front 110 rears. Also have a Highlander with 95k that gets better gas mileage than this car, I will never buy another Honda.

By D Bell on 07/21/10 09:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Agree with others in saying that overall this small SUV (that feels and is pretty roomy) was very dependable and easy to drive. Mileage was typical - 21 - 26 mpg around town. It had enough engine power. Had it less than a year due to being rear ended by a heavy commercial truck that didn't brake, it just hit. CR-V was totaled. Bad thing, yes. Good thing, we lived. Not much you can say after that...Glad to be here. I have friends who own CR-Vs from 2005 through 2009 and they all love their particular year models. One friend has two CR-Vs in the family, a 2008 and 2009.

Not bad, could be worse
By Lia on 06/04/10 10:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Cons: Within the 1st 6 months, I had to return it to the dealer to fix the ball bearings? in the back of the car. It came loose, I was told. Paint job is crappy and I got it detailed 2 months after buying it - to try to protect it's color. I basically hwy drive. To keep the gas needle from jumping, I use cruise control ALL the time. Even as low as 30 mph. Driving at 25 mph on certain roads will use more gas. Within 2 yrs, it lost its pick up when accelerating. It hesitates when changing gears.

Even better than our 1999 CR-V!
By Two CR-Vs on 05/09/10 15:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After reading some other reviews, I expected to like the 2006 CR-V less than the 1999 CR-V we have owned for years. Since a manual transmission is a MUST for my wife and I, the SUV market has become increasingly limited. 2006 was the last year for 5 Speed Manual transmission on the Honda CR-V, so when we finally found a used one with the manual transmission, we bought it. I am pleasantly surprised that we both like our 2006 even more than the 1999! The 2006 feels bigger, feels even more solid and substantial, and is more powerful than our 1999. At the same time, our gas mileage is 26-28 mpg in normal mixed driving, just the same as with our 1999.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.