Used 2006 Honda CR-V LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Don't buy a honda
By jose

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I currently have over 116k on my cr-v if you want high maintenance costs, buy it. Example: 18 months battery replaced. 40k new brakes; 35k new tires. Change spark plugs every 30k. Driver side window cable broke 3 weeks ago. 40k transmission shutters at low speeds 5 trips to different dealers. Finally, problem is diagnosed. Now waiting for last 5 hours to find out if extended warranty will cover repairs. I bought this cute little lemon new. Had a corolla and drove it for 180k for 12 years, once I had to change the alternator, brakes 85k front 110 rears. Also have a Highlander with 95k that gets better gas mileage than this car, I will never buy another Honda.

Favorite Features

The radio

Suggested Improvements

The ride; 2010 is still not that good; imitate a rav4, reliability, this car dollar-tens you to death. My overall impression is negative overpriced for the quality, Honda just sold another Toyota to me when I get it fixed,

By kathy

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The car is very dependable and has good power. However there are three points that are very bothersome. First, the paint is of pour quality and the exterior of my car is looking bad. I think I can scratch the paint job up with just my fingernail. Second, the car has a lot of road noise. Thirdly, the gas mileage was not as it stated on the sticker (23/29) when I bought it. I have never had better than 26 hwy and around the city i average 18 to 19 mpg.

Favorite Features

Car has good power.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better paint job and better gas mileage.

Stay AWAY from GEN2 CRV
By UNICS33

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It is soo LOUD, no sound proofing at all. Suspension is very stiff, almost the feeling of riding a buggy...my 3 yo can't even fall asleep, that's how loud and rough ride is. GAS mileage is bad too, averaging 22-23 on normal driving conditions. Car is too heavy for 4 cyl and drag factor is too high. My other Buick Regal is averaging 22mpg and comfort is stellar. Bought it almost new (12K mi) but I sold it in a year because it was very uncomfortable and LOUD, esp. with a little one inside. You feel every little irregularity in the pavement, struts are like filled with steel bars not gas, road noise and engine noise are impressively high. Don't trust the word of mouth. I'm very disappointed.

Favorite Features

Cargo and rear seat flexibility. Styling much better then newer 2007+.

Suggested Improvements

Speakers STINK, put a V6 and add soundproofing so that at least we can talk not yell while driving the CRV.

Good and Bad
By James

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought my CR-V last month. It rides decently. However, you can feel the wind push it at high speeds. Does feel a little boxy but handles decently. Has some of the benefits of a traditional SUV but still gets good fuel economy without sacrificing interior room. However, reliability is a question that I have noticed in less than a month. The driver's side headlight just went out with only 35,000 miles. Also it seems the rear door latch is starting to give out. The warning light for the rear door keeps coming on the dashboard while driving even after reconfirming the rear door has been closed. Hopefully this is not the beginning of issues after the warranty runs out.

Favorite Features

Interior is good for hauling items and people. Can fit two jumbo size strollers or a lawnmower without a problem.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability and electrical. Noticing minor but irritating issues prematurely.

The seats are stiff and uncomfortable
By Sus

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded down from a Honda Pilot with leather seats. I rode in the back seat of the CRV for the first time after owning the car for 8 months. Not enough leg room, horrible head rests, stiff seats- we cancelled our vacation plans.

Favorite Features

Window locks, and the cup tray that folds down when not in use.

Suggested Improvements

Reassign some of the back storage to accommodate leg room in the back seat. Use seats that are more comfortable.