Used 2006 Honda CR-V LX Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

It will get you to A to B but with headaches
By Shane B.

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I own a 2006 Honda CR-V with 180,000 miles on it. So far it has been a reliable car with a lot of headaches. First off my model had the faulty airbag that, if set off could send bits of shrapnel into your neck and face causing severe injury or death. Got the recall about a year ago in 2015 and I have been driving this car for almost 10 years. So right off the bat safety wise is a no go. Thank God I did not get into an accident that would have set the airbag off. If your interested in this car MAKE sure the one you are buying has had the airbag replaced at the dealership. I say reliable as in you can drive this car into the dirt and it will still keep on driving. That's the only thing I like about this car after many years of driving it. Right from the start it had road noise, needed a new starter (still have starter issues), and after 15,000 miles I already had warped rotors. Now at 180,000 miles my rotors warped again and I have had wobbles and jitters throughout the coarse of owning this car. The fuel pump had to be replaced 3 times over the course of my ownership. I keep having to replace the headlights every 4 to 6 months as they burn out really fast. As an SUV type of car handling around corners isn't really great as you feel like you are going to tip over so you have to slow down. I don't drive recklessly; I drive carefully. Maybe I just got a lemon but if you don't want a car that will cause you headaches constantly don't get it. If you are willing to spend the money on replacing parts and having them go out 4 months later go ahead. Again the only thing I like about this car is that reliably; you can drive it in the dirt and keep on driving but in a car reliable to me is having a car that will drive and maintenance is a breeze. Overall it's been a great car to have to run into the dirt (MPG not that great for a 4 cylinder) but I'm tired of continuously spending money on problems that keep surfacing and I know the CR-V is tired as well. So I'm finally selling it and getting another car. Brand new I should have bought another car, but I drove this CR-V with constant problems. Again maybe I got a lemon. The end? I'm never buying another Honda; lesson learned. I mean my girlfriend's dad's 2005 Chevy 1,500 has not had as many problems as my car has and he has spent significantly less in repairs and maintenance over the years of owning that truck.

Don't buy a honda
By jose

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I currently have over 116k on my cr-v if you want high maintenance costs, buy it. Example: 18 months battery replaced. 40k new brakes; 35k new tires. Change spark plugs every 30k. Driver side window cable broke 3 weeks ago. 40k transmission shutters at low speeds 5 trips to different dealers. Finally, problem is diagnosed. Now waiting for last 5 hours to find out if extended warranty will cover repairs. I bought this cute little lemon new. Had a corolla and drove it for 180k for 12 years, once I had to change the alternator, brakes 85k front 110 rears. Also have a Highlander with 95k that gets better gas mileage than this car, I will never buy another Honda.

The radio

The ride; 2010 is still not that good; imitate a rav4, reliability, this car dollar-tens you to death. My overall impression is negative overpriced for the quality, Honda just sold another Toyota to me when I get it fixed,

By kathy

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The car is very dependable and has good power. However there are three points that are very bothersome. First, the paint is of pour quality and the exterior of my car is looking bad. I think I can scratch the paint job up with just my fingernail. Second, the car has a lot of road noise. Thirdly, the gas mileage was not as it stated on the sticker (23/29) when I bought it. I have never had better than 26 hwy and around the city i average 18 to 19 mpg.

Car has good power.

Needs better paint job and better gas mileage.

Stay AWAY from GEN2 CRV
By UNICS33

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It is soo LOUD, no sound proofing at all. Suspension is very stiff, almost the feeling of riding a buggy...my 3 yo can't even fall asleep, that's how loud and rough ride is. GAS mileage is bad too, averaging 22-23 on normal driving conditions. Car is too heavy for 4 cyl and drag factor is too high. My other Buick Regal is averaging 22mpg and comfort is stellar. Bought it almost new (12K mi) but I sold it in a year because it was very uncomfortable and LOUD, esp. with a little one inside. You feel every little irregularity in the pavement, struts are like filled with steel bars not gas, road noise and engine noise are impressively high. Don't trust the word of mouth. I'm very disappointed.

Cargo and rear seat flexibility. Styling much better then newer 2007+.

Speakers STINK, put a V6 and add soundproofing so that at least we can talk not yell while driving the CRV.

Good and Bad
By James

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought my CR-V last month. It rides decently. However, you can feel the wind push it at high speeds. Does feel a little boxy but handles decently. Has some of the benefits of a traditional SUV but still gets good fuel economy without sacrificing interior room. However, reliability is a question that I have noticed in less than a month. The driver's side headlight just went out with only 35,000 miles. Also it seems the rear door latch is starting to give out. The warning light for the rear door keeps coming on the dashboard while driving even after reconfirming the rear door has been closed. Hopefully this is not the beginning of issues after the warranty runs out.

Interior is good for hauling items and people. Can fit two jumbo size strollers or a lawnmower without a problem.

Reliability and electrical. Noticing minor but irritating issues prematurely.