Used 2006 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Worth every penny
By perek75

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drive the Honda LX trim level. 152500 miles and the only none scheduled repair was replacing the blower motor which was 5000 miles ago. Reliable, dependable and good economy car , gas mileage 22-26 or so with AWD. Got the car new. I am 6 ft 2 in tall and 300 lbs + and I am very comfortable driving and riding in this car. Plenty of head space and easy to get in and out of. My wife is around 5 ft and she can easily adjust seat for her. If anything there is some road noice especially when comparing with newer 2015 model cars and the stereo is not the best but it works fine. Great winter car as well (Chicago area Michelin hydroedge tires). Comfortable seats, good visibility.

Favorite Features

Dependable and reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Could have had a better stereo,

Almost 100,000 and still going good
By Mario Matias

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm at 90,000 miles and haven't really had any major problems with the vehicle. Only thing I've had to replace is my tires. The only unscheduled issues I've had is problems with the truck's trim. It is a little cheap and not secured very well. A piece of the windshield trim flew off and I have a few other pieces of trim that are coming loose. That's not too big of a deal though. It's a nice family suv, it's very reliable and easy to work on. The pull-out table in the trunk is a nice little added feature also. I do recommend getting better tires if you want to take full advantage of the AWD. I definitely recommend this vehicle though.

Favorite Features

AWD, pull-out table, back seats flip all the way up against the front seats.

Suggested Improvements

Higher quality trim. Bigger tires. More speeds on windshield wipers.

Still going strong!
By greensuv

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Honda CR-V and I don't have any major complaints. I've never broken down, and have only had to replace a few parts. The added features on the Special Edition like heated seats make me feel like I'm driving a luxury car.

Favorite Features

I love the practicality of the size, and the versatility of the the backseats - you can move furniture or transport kids.

Suggested Improvements

My only small complaint is that the headlights are not very bright.

ABS VSA Lights are on @ ~110K
By noahred

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had a PTTR (pull to the right) problem when I first got it - brand new. Dealer agreed to fix it after a few trips. Make sure you're driving the actual car you're going to buy - when you're buying a brand new car. ABS & VSA lights came on around 110K miles. Dealer asked $2000 to fix! These being said it's a reliable car. I would buy it again.

Favorite Features

AWD - snow or rain. This car doesn't care.

Suggested Improvements

Seats can be better.

Love this car!
By hillaryous

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used in July of 2011. It had one previous owner and 130,000 miles. Since I've bought it I have put just over 10,000 miles on it. I have so much fun driving it. My sister drove it once and loved it too. Its very spacious. It is a little noisy but that just gives me a reason to turn the music up louder. Its great for roadtrips and just back and forth to school and work. I will drive this into the ground and then will probably buy a Pilot instead of another CR-V because I don't like that the newer model's backends open up instead of out to the side plus I like the extra room.