Off-Road Review
By autophotographer1 on
2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I photograph vehicles for a living and I drive all sorts of different types of vehicles. I have to say, this was the most fun I have ever had driving an SUV off road for my pictures. I took a Chevy Avalanche in the same area I took this Honda CR-V. I had a hard time getting the Chevy Avalanche to climb this solid 45 slope for pictures, however this little CR-V took the slope like it was NOTHING! I'm a fan of large trucks and SUV's but guess what. Those larger trucks and SUV's are not going to make it through tight trails behind woods like this little fox can. It's more comfortable than it looks and has a lot more room than portrayed.
Favorite Features
I love the little picnic table that comes standard with this vehicle. It could be so useful in many ways regardless if you go camping or not. You can go to the park with your kids and make it a nice little lunch table.
Suggested Improvements
As mentioned before. I am not a big fan of the way this vehicle looks. The design could use a lot of improvements. It also could use a ride- height adjustment feature. The one thing I did notice was all the grass and twigs touching the underbody. No damage taken, but definitely gave me a cringe.