2005 Honda CR-V 2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - 62,000+ miles and no problems!

2005 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

62,000+ miles and no problems!
By bvf925 on

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my CR-V in 2005 after trading in a '98 Subaru Forester that was starting to give me some headaches. Immediately, I realized I was in a much better, high-end vehicle. I have not had any problems at all with it. Just replaced the battery earlier this year, and I'm looking for my 3rd set of tires (current set of Tiger Paw's are lousy in snow). I will need rear rotors & pads soon, but that's it so far! The gas mileage is fantastic, there's plenty of room for 3 adults in the backseat, tons of cargo room, the exterior looks great - no paint chipping or fade like my old Subaru. Looked at a new '10 Forester just for fun & the interior looks cheap. My CR-V is a Lexus in comparison.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel radio controls, classy exterior appearance, great gas mileage, no squeaks or rattles, manual 5 speed tranny, lots of storage, smooth ride, and the picnic table! Too bad that was discontinued.

Suggested Improvements

Operator controlled AWD for those of us who live in snow country - the brief blast of AWD to the rear wheels isn't enough sometimes. I've gotten stuck in my driveway & couldn't get out without a shovel or snow blower. The key is to get winter tires if you live in very snowy areas.