Overall a good car
By RHenry on
2005 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I got this suv after totalling a 2004 Honda Civic. I wanted a safe car and this one has really good safety ratings. The A/C is much better than the 04 Civic. The hand brake is in a weird spot, not inconvenient, just an adjustment. I thought that I would get better gas mileage than I am getting. The paint color is the same as the 04 Civic (that dark silvery color) it hides dirt well. I get a lot of glare in the front windshield which is annoying. The seat fabric kind of stinks-I have a dog and ended up with dog hair that would get stuck in the fabric and I had to remove each hair indivually, also I somehow have a couple of stains that won't come out of the black upholstery.
Favorite Features
I can fit a ton of stuff in the back and can easily fit 5 people in the car. I have the most reliable and biggest car out of my friends so it's usually my car we end up taking to concerts and day trips. I like the sporty look.
Suggested Improvements
The angle of the windshield to reduce glare. A little more horsepower. More window wiper speed options. Different center console design. Back door that lifts rather than swings to the side. A clock that was not on the radio. The speedometer in my Civic lit up in blue and I miss that feature.