2005 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Jack of all trades

2005 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Jack of all trades
By MTB on

2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After 3 1/2 years of ownership, I can honestly say I've been very happy with this vehicle. In my mind the most informative reviews are the ones written after years of driving, not the knee-jerk responses people often post before they've had a chance to get to know their vehicle. This CR-V has been a great all-rounder. It's impressed me on road trips with excellent cargo space and surprisingly good MPG (averaged 30MPG highway on long trips). My CR-V's been great for my constant outings with the dogs, and has even done some fairly serious offroading (which it handled quite well). The AWD has performed admirably in severe snow\ice conditions. Overall happy with only minor complaints (see below).

Favorite Features

Excellent MPG for an AWD vehicle in this class, front & rear seats can be configured in a fold-flat configuration for sleeping, good storage underneath cargo floor, user- friendly steering wheel mounted cruise control, back hatch window can open separately

Suggested Improvements

Better sound dampening (too much road noise), fix the rear differential (rear diff. fluid must be changed every 20-30k miles - should only be required every 90,000 miles)