Jack of all trades
By MTB on
2005 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
After 3 1/2 years of ownership, I can honestly say I've been very happy with this vehicle. In my mind the most informative reviews are the ones written after years of driving, not the knee-jerk responses people often post before they've had a chance to get to know their vehicle. This CR-V has been a great all-rounder. It's impressed me on road trips with excellent cargo space and surprisingly good MPG (averaged 30MPG highway on long trips). My CR-V's been great for my constant outings with the dogs, and has even done some fairly serious offroading (which it handled quite well). The AWD has performed admirably in severe snow\ice conditions. Overall happy with only minor complaints (see below).
Favorite Features
Excellent MPG for an AWD vehicle in this class, front & rear seats can be configured in a fold-flat configuration for sleeping, good storage underneath cargo floor, user- friendly steering wheel mounted cruise control, back hatch window can open separately
Suggested Improvements
Better sound dampening (too much road noise), fix the rear differential (rear diff. fluid must be changed every 20-30k miles - should only be required every 90,000 miles)