Is it showing its age?
By juliegal on
2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I've had my CR-V for 2.5 years. It's been a great car and fun to drive, but I think it may be starting to show its age! At 2 years/30K the brakes, battery and tires all had to be replaced--too soon, in my book. Car has pulled to right from the start, but I live with that. From day one, I've experienced a grinding noise from the rear when turning hard (U-turns). Finally, at the shop today I was told there is a differential repair bulletin out for this, requiring resurfacing and new pads (work done at Honda's expense). Lately, I notice the car is a bit sluggish starting, and it surges at stop signs. The VSA indicator comes on occasionally. Hope this isn't a problem brewing!
Favorite Features
Hands down, the best feature is the volume control/channel-changer feature for the radio, which is located on the steering wheel! Great idea! Love the 4 CD player too. Roomy interior and cargo space.
Suggested Improvements
Horrible, ear-splitting noise/vibration when driving with windows open! Only gets 14-15 MPG in city (25 on freeway). Honda needs to address the "pulls to right" problem so many have noted, and supply much better tires. Table in trunk is unnecessary. Would prefer a center storage console to the tray.