I love my CR-V so far!
By britbug on
2005 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I bought my CR-V just 5 months ago, so I will not address longevity. It had 22,000 miles, now it has 28,000. I have experienced no mechanical problems. I now drive on average 70 miles a day, and the driver's seat is fine for a long drive. I have a 75lb dog who can sit, stand, walk, lay down, look out the window, and stretch in the back with the seats folded up. All of that space and I still get 25-27 mpg with only a third of my driving being on the highway. I've had no complaints from passengers in a full car on comfort. The value of this vehicle is unbelievable, I wish I had bought it as my first car rather than my second, I love it!
Favorite Features
The large cup holders can hold a double gulp, and I love having three in the front - one for each passenger and one for an ashtray. The compartment by the radio is very useful for holding my cell phone car charger, iPod, and other valuables with keeping them out of sight of passer-bys when I'm parked. Also keeps them from sliding around while they are being used and is easily accessible to the driver. The cargo space is great, but did scratch easily. The details of the convenient interior are not readily apparent until you drive it daily! The sensitive and responsive brakes have helped me avoid many accidents and the safety ratings are definitely a comfort to me.
Suggested Improvements
Floor seems high on the passenger's side in the front when I've sat in it. I'm only 5'11'', so that's not great for taller passengers. Hated the look of the long, skinny tail lights when I got it, but they've grown on me. The car may look "boxy" and slightly unattractive, but the lack of blind spots unlike many SUVs and crossovers are well worth it. Honestly, I can't complain about much with this car! All I've done is get a new battery, oil change, and tinted windows.
By britbug
on 01/25/13 15:41 PM (PST)

UPDATE: I have now owned this car for 2 years and have still had no mechanical issues whatsoever and it's still in the great condition it was when I bought it. I took it up slippery, winding, and steep mountain roads this summer with a full car of people & luggage, on a 700 mile road trip each way non-stop, on several 150-300 mile trips and I always feel safe & secure. It has only 50,500 miles on it. Still love it, but now it seems like getting in the 20's on gas mileage isn't so great - considering a hybrid for my next vehicle but I have a feeling this one will never die! I always feed it full synthetic too, I don't think it's ever tasted normal oil. OH and now I have two giant dogs & the cargo space has definitely become my #1 favorite feature. The back seats are folded 80% of the time, I might as well take them out. I support anyone's decision to buy a CR-V, my experience has been nothing short of excellent.