Used 2005 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

New to this model
By diggy415

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Well my third type of Honda, so far so good, 6cd changer, moon roof, lots of doggy room to boot, Will be taking this off road a lot. Don't know how it handles in snow yet, but love the comfortable ride it gives and the stereo sound.

Favorite Features

moon roof, 6cd changer, folding back seats and a table

Suggested Improvements

locate parking brake on floor as a pedal with a release button. allow the seat to be brought up higher with the adjuster.

Love our CR-V
By 98accordex

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our first CR-V but fourth Honda and its proving to be just as reliable as the others (now 3 yrs old with 32000miles). Mileage is worse than our other Hondas but its a SUV. We have used all 72cu ft of cargo space more than we thought we would, can't imagine how we lived without a SUV before. For those complaining about road noise I suggest Goodyear Comfortreds, helps a lot with noise and its a good tire as well.

Favorite Features

Engine and 5-spd auto work perfectly together. Cargo space is amazing - back seats that flip, fold or slide!! All the special features of the Special Edition (heated leather seats, painted bumpers, etc). If they didn't offer the SE we would have gotten something else

Suggested Improvements

Better OEM tires, fog lights and roof rack standard. Rear differential needs a fluid change every 10-15K miles although the Owners manual states 90K miles, so far dealer has picked it up under warranty.

Best Fuel Efficiency in an SUV
By Allen G.

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I are touring musicians and although we would have preferred to buy a hybrid to get better fuel efficiency, we needed an SUV that would fit all of our gear. However, this car totally amazed us! We average about 35,000 miles per year and have been getting up to 33mpg on the highway even though the EPA only lists it at around 26mpg. This car is extremely comfortable, safe, and reliable. My mother just recently bought a new CR-V based on my recommendation and experience with ours.

Favorite Features

The included table in the back is a nice perk, and the 30+ mpg on an SUV is unbelievable!

Suggested Improvements

The lack of a navigation system and bluetooth for my phone was disappointing, but I think the newer models now come with them optional.

Seat Belts and Honda Saved My Family
By helspers

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and kids got into an accident where my CR-V was declared "totaled." A 2003 MDX swerved in front my CR-V and was T-boned. My family walked away with some bruised shoulders and hips, but nothing more. The safety personnel at the crash site repeatedly stated that the Honda did was it was built to do (e.g., crumple zone, and the engine dropped). Thank you Honda for a superbly built automobile.

Favorite Features

SAFETY features.

Suggested Improvements

A few more ponies.

Love my Honda ! ! !
By CIN

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Yes, I'm a woman, and yes, I LOVE my CAR!!! I only had regular mnt. done and no recalls. Heated seats weren't necessary, but now they are. The only problem is the middle area (console). It is basically worthless. If you place anything in between the front seats, you have no cup holders or tray. Now, they don't offer ash trays for this model. I need to carry something for my friends. Otherwise, everyone I spoke with who own this model, love it. I would not sell it, but am now disabled and cannot ever drive I actually cry thinking of selling my Honda. It bothers me more than the disabilities. So, yeah, I love my Honda!

Favorite Features

Everything within reach of a 5 foot woman (many vehicles are not) Little, if NO mnt. Sturdy vehicle: good in snow, ice, rain and cools quickly in heat. Headlights don't seem to hit drivers' in front's rear view mirror as many high profile vehicle do. FOLD DOWN SEATS. SAFETY FEATURES!!

Suggested Improvements

Console area needs huge improvement. Also neds for smokers. Alarm if back window is left open causing battery drain.