Used 2005 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Always said I would never own a Honda
By Blk182@N7

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I were looking for something to take the dogs to the park in, mainly because I don't want them in my 06 Avalon or my 93 mustang. so we looked at many SUVs but we wanted something small with room and reliability. I got mine with 52,000 miles on it and you would think it was brand new. I have read 100's of reviews and the CR-V has great ones, Seems the 05 has issues with the Transmission, i have not experienced any I bought the 36,000 mile warranty so I am good till 98,000.

6 disc, picnic table, sunroof, hight off the ground, cargo room. Much better then my mom's RAV-4

More power, Locking rear diff. It's AWD but you can't lock the rear diff. would have added the XM or AUX to the radio instead of saying XM ready. Every car should have a AUX jack now a days.

An excellent experience...
By 59er

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'd a very good experience with my CR-V. From the time of purchase up until this very day, it is funny to drive. I have a manual trany and that has increased the fun 5 times as much.

Maneuverability, economical, spacious

Headlight bulb replacement: for the 2005, not knowing exactly how to remove the bulb, tried to ... but broke hold-down clip.

New to this model
By diggy415

2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Well my third type of Honda, so far so good, 6cd changer, moon roof, lots of doggy room to boot, Will be taking this off road a lot. Don't know how it handles in snow yet, but love the comfortable ride it gives and the stereo sound.

moon roof, 6cd changer, folding back seats and a table

locate parking brake on floor as a pedal with a release button. allow the seat to be brought up higher with the adjuster.

Love our CR-V
By 98accordex

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our first CR-V but fourth Honda and its proving to be just as reliable as the others (now 3 yrs old with 32000miles). Mileage is worse than our other Hondas but its a SUV. We have used all 72cu ft of cargo space more than we thought we would, can't imagine how we lived without a SUV before. For those complaining about road noise I suggest Goodyear Comfortreds, helps a lot with noise and its a good tire as well.

Engine and 5-spd auto work perfectly together. Cargo space is amazing - back seats that flip, fold or slide!! All the special features of the Special Edition (heated leather seats, painted bumpers, etc). If they didn't offer the SE we would have gotten something else

Better OEM tires, fog lights and roof rack standard. Rear differential needs a fluid change every 10-15K miles although the Owners manual states 90K miles, so far dealer has picked it up under warranty.

Best Fuel Efficiency in an SUV
By Allen G.

2005 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I are touring musicians and although we would have preferred to buy a hybrid to get better fuel efficiency, we needed an SUV that would fit all of our gear. However, this car totally amazed us! We average about 35,000 miles per year and have been getting up to 33mpg on the highway even though the EPA only lists it at around 26mpg. This car is extremely comfortable, safe, and reliable. My mother just recently bought a new CR-V based on my recommendation and experience with ours.

The included table in the back is a nice perk, and the 30+ mpg on an SUV is unbelievable!

The lack of a navigation system and bluetooth for my phone was disappointing, but I think the newer models now come with them optional.

• SUV