2005 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
A Winter Tank Par Excellence
By Cathy on 03/25/06 01:38 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Has survived 2 New England winters at - 30F, mud season back roads, mountain travel, sits out 365 days per year and always starts on the first key turn. Paint incredible, getting 29mpg highway, and 25mpg back roads even with snow tires and a loaded carge area. VTEC engine is same one used to be in Honda Prelude sports car, and only needs 'regular' gas to obtain top performance. Incredibly cost-efficient and stable. Great fun to drive, feels very safe cornering and over rough, rocky back roads.

My 2005 CRV
By Francis on 03/24/06 20:25 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted to purchase the EX version but instead purchased the LX AWD to save the 2K, big mistake. In addition to the obvious enhancements offered by the EX trim line, the seats were even more comfortable due to the better fabric used. Plus, I missed the sunroof, tinted windows and nice alloy wheels only used in the EX trim line. Otherwise, my LX-AWD was a good performer. Avg city/hwy mileage 22 mpg.

Wouldn't purchase another one
By Henry on 03/17/06 09:16 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First honda purchased, engine misses out, was told by dealership the missing out is OK, something the CRV engine does. Gas mileage is average 22 miles per gallon. Just not pleased with the car.

Excellent Car!
By dromedarius on 03/11/06 16:02 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased this vehicle for my wife's daily driver. The amazing number of standard safety features, along with our specific needs, made the CR-V the perfect choice for us.

Poor Gas Mileage and Rattles
By Konnie on 02/22/06 17:15 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drove a 2000 CRV-SE for 4.5 years and traded for one of the first 2005 models off the line. I am sorry I traded the 2000. Gas mileage never comes close to the promised mileage on the sticker and is much worse than 2000 model. The car is plagued with rattles that the dealer can't fix. The ride is stiff and uncomfortable. XM radio is nice, but the $500 extra cost is misleading in sales brochure that says "XM ready". Heated seats are nice, as are the radio controls mounted on the steering wheel. There is less space on the floor between the front seats than the 2000 model. Can't fit my Longaberger roadtrip basket where it sat in the 2000.

My experience
By Rusty on 02/20/06 13:00 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Finally Honda has a good a/c unit. Great car but then need to get rid of the black only interior, shows the dirt to easily. Gas mileage is not that good around town.

7000 miles and happy
By review by George on 02/19/06 14:15 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When shopping for a vehicle I wanted one that was very versatile and got decent gas mileage. This CR-V does just that. Most of my driving is around town so my 23-25 mpg is OK and is higher on the highway. There is very slight torque steer to the right only on acceleration but it isn't a problem. I've been able to carry my bike laying inside and at other times much stuff from home supply stores or lawn and garden stores.

review
By Becky Martin on 02/12/06 08:48 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Very pleasant drive. Exterior's shape is smooth and somewhat sporty. Gas mileage could be better, but not too expensive considering that it is a sport utility vehicle. The all-wheel- drive features have proven to be an asset during inclement weather.

Poor Fuel Economy
By George on 01/29/06 15:40 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

A good car almost a year old. Although the sticker indicated a fuel economy of 22/27 mpg, I have never been able to get better than 17/22 mpg -- very poor for a car this size with a 4 cylinder engine. My 2002 Lexus RX300 gets 19/25 mpg and it is a heavier car with a 6 cylinder engine. Have been generally please with the CR- V otherwise. When the rear seats are down, it has very large cargo space for a car this size -- bigger than my Lexus SUV

Great Commuter/Family Car
By Jeff in Chicago on 01/27/06 16:32 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I commute over 30,000 miles to work a year in Chicago weather and have not had a better time. This vehicle provides me everything I need: 1) comfort, 2) great gas mileage, 3) safety, and 4) makes going to the home improvment store a snap (my wife prefers it as the grocery getter over the minivan as well). In addition the superb handling, this little in-line 4 clinder has great acceleration. 5 months after buying this, someone rear- ended me while I was at a light doing over 50mph. This car saved my life and the cabin remained untouched...crumpled exactly as advertised. While the accident was bad, I was at least reassured knowing if my children were in, they would've been alright.