Used 2005 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

My Last CR-V
By dave14139

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our second and last CR-V. Has served us well but we are just tired of this small vehicle (we are not large people). Just put second set of rear rotor and pads on the rear at 50,000 miles. Fronts on second set of pads. Need to replace the rear caliper, $375 at dealer for parts only. $74 at autozone. CR-V is alright for around-town driving but too small for a road trip. OEM tires terrible - now on Michelins and much better ride. 26-27 mpg on highway trip at 70-75 mph. AWD works great as we live in Buffalo snow belt. Considering used grand caravan or Odyssey.

Favorite Features

AWD, Stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Reduce the road noise, improve brake durability, improve fuel mileage.

CR-V forever
By Love my Honda

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 4th CR-V. Love the reliability. Traded in my new 2007 cr- v for the boxier model. The 2007 was to much like a car as apposed to a small SUV. Only real downfall is the gas mileage. The 2007 got 400 miles to the 15 gal tank. 2005 gets about 1/3 less, makes a difference when gas is over $4/gal. Great for "home depot" trips.

Favorite Features

safety, quality and sitting higher than a car. Looks cool as well.

Suggested Improvements

need more space in front. to closed in from dash to front seats. intermittent wipers need more speed.

Great Car!
By Roe

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my SECOND CR-V and I am planning on buying a third within a year! It has been reliable all the way. I am not afraid to drive it in bad weather (including snow, sleet, etc.) It has all the room I need and then some. Passengers are comfortable. I get a lot of good comments on my baby!

Favorite Features

AWD, stereo system is excellent, sun/moon roof, ABS brakes are great, I love the way it looks too!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I think Honda needs to do is get the gas mileage up - more in line with the Civic and Accord. After all, it is only a 4 cylinder. It's not bad, I just think being a Honda it could be better. (I get approx 19 local driving and approx 26 freeway/turnpike)

Always said I would never own a Honda
By Blk182@N7

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I were looking for something to take the dogs to the park in, mainly because I don't want them in my 06 Avalon or my 93 mustang. so we looked at many SUVs but we wanted something small with room and reliability. I got mine with 52,000 miles on it and you would think it was brand new. I have read 100's of reviews and the CR-V has great ones, Seems the 05 has issues with the Transmission, i have not experienced any I bought the 36,000 mile warranty so I am good till 98,000.

Favorite Features

6 disc, picnic table, sunroof, hight off the ground, cargo room. Much better then my mom's RAV-4

Suggested Improvements

More power, Locking rear diff. It's AWD but you can't lock the rear diff. would have added the XM or AUX to the radio instead of saying XM ready. Every car should have a AUX jack now a days.

An excellent experience...
By 59er

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'd a very good experience with my CR-V. From the time of purchase up until this very day, it is funny to drive. I have a manual trany and that has increased the fun 5 times as much.

Favorite Features

Maneuverability, economical, spacious

Suggested Improvements

Headlight bulb replacement: for the 2005, not knowing exactly how to remove the bulb, tried to ... but broke hold-down clip.