Used 2005 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 345 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Love my CRV
By Adrianne

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I honestly can't say enough good things about my CRV. It drives nicely, handles well, has nice features and is relatively good on gas mileage for an SUV. Good interior space - comfortably fits my Great Dane, Bulldog, cat carrier, and all my luggage without feeling squished and cramped. Reliability is phenomenal! I have over 125,000 miles on my car in just 3 years and haven't had to do more than the scheduled oil changes and a brake repair earlier this year.

On the inside it's the fold down middle tray & the removable back seats. On the outside it's the bumpers-LOVE THEM. They don't cost an arm & a leg to replace/repair & are sturdy yet look good. Also, the AWD & D3 features-great when I go to the mountains-never worry about getting stuck anywhere.

The back windshield wiper. It's pretty useless. It just clears an odd, small, crescent-moon shape on the passengers side - which does nothing to help the drivers view. And the back windshield wiper fluid mechanism broke after the first year.

Very happy with Honda
By Jason

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I own a 2005 Honda CR-V SE and brought it on Nov of 2004 and it's been a great car since the first day I brought it. It's been to seven different states and it's has given me no problems on the road trip. It has 61,500 miles on it now. I also am very happy with the gas mileage, the best gas mileage I ever gotten on the highway was 37 and close to 40 mpg a few times with the AC off going about 60 mph. With the AC on I get about 32 to 34 mpg on the highway. The worst gas mileage I ever gotten was 21 mpg in town but that only happens a few times. It's very easy for me to change my own oil and trans services and i used the best oil like amsoil for improved gas mileages.

Great Great gas mileages for a small sizes SUV. I like the volume button on the steering wheel. I like everything about the car. Its easy to clean and easy to change the oil. I can't wait for the TurboDiesel coming soon for the CR-V for better MPG and better power, I might buy one and keep the old cr-v

Underpowered in the mountains of Colorado but it's not terrible and could use an extra 20 horsepower and more torque for better hill climbing. A TurboDiesel is coming soon for Honda so that means more power because off all the Torque diesel has for hill climbing.

Best vehicle ever own
By Dan

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my CR-V SE back in Nov of 2004 and still own the car today with 61,500 miles. So far I have been very please with my CR-V because there have been no problems. I change my oil every 5000 to 7500 miles with Amsoil motor oil. I services the transmission myself every 15,000 miles. It's easy because it has a drain plug just like changing the oil. I highly recommended any type of Honda vehicle to anyone because my has been so reliable, my mother and brother both own a Honda. All three of our cars get great gas mileage better than what the window stickers says. I am thinking of getting a new Honda CR-V Turbo Diesel when its comes in late 2009 as a 2010 year model because of the better MPG.

Great gas mileage and its gets up to 37 mpg sometimes on the highway going at 60 mph. Its also so easy to keep clean and easy to change the oil and transmission fluids. I like the leather seats because its really makes the car looks nice.

I wish my CR-V has a Turbo Diesel like the CR-V in other countries like England because they get better mpg and they last longer than gas engines. The gas engines is a little underpowered on the mountains in Colorado but it's not terrible, but its could used an extra 15 horsepower and more torque.

Saved My Life
By JD

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had a hard side-impact collision (T- boned by a pickup truck) on 7/30/08. Car was totaled; I was not injured. That's good enough for me. I'm buying another CR-V. I bought it for the safety and I'll buy another one for the same reason.

SAFETY.

Occasionally wouldn't start; dealer could find nothing wrong. Auto door locking at a certain speed.

Excellent car!
By Stretch

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This has been a great car for me and my husband and two golden retrievers. Love that we got an interior with leather, the dog hair would have been awful on cloth. It's pretty comfy to drive in, although my husband (5'11") complains about the way it feels for him to drive it, his knees bump into the console.

Heated seats, steering wheel radio controls, cargo space, folding seats

Gear shift is in the way of the radio, improve the between-the-seats console. I think they've done these on the newest CR-V model