2005 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Love It!
By JHP on 07/07/06 06:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love the CRV. Gas mileage averages in town around 24 mpg, while on highway I've gotten as high as 30 mpg. Large enough for soccer games and all that we need, yet small enough that maneuvering is similar to driving a small car. Reliability wise, it's a Honda - enough said! Seats could be a little more comfortable, but for the price this is a great automobile. Love the Heating/AC controls, and cruise is conveniently on steering wheel. Perfect vehicle for everyday tasks, and also fits the bill for travel.

Nice suv
By kayhuna on 07/05/06 09:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We enjoy our CRV. It has two major problems for us that may not bother anyone else. The center casino should be replace with a true console not a tray like it has now. Honda needs to quite the road noise. I did a lot of undercoating but I may sell the vehicle because of the road noise. I have had not one single problem otherwise.

Az. Hwys
By VBF on 06/27/06 17:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This CR-V handles better than I expected. On I-10 in Az. at 75 MPH when 18 wheelers pass u don't even know it. Used on back dirt roads with no problem. Have taken it across the desert as well as into the mts. Equally at home.

Not the quality I expected
By patilo on 06/04/06 12:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After much review I opted for the CRV Special Edition. I had driven a Camry and loved the ride. My CRV still feels awkward. The road noise is horrible, reminds me of my 76 Pinto! I am looking for a replacement. The AWD is what lured me to the CRV.

Honda crv-love it
By BETTE on 06/03/06 08:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It is fun to drive, reliable and functional. There is a lot of room if you need it. The seats fold down very easily.

Best CRV ever owned
By Daniel on 05/31/06 15:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the best CRV I ever owned I used to own a 2002 CRV and I gave that car to my mother. The 2005 CRV that I own now drives and rides better than the 2002 CRV and also gets a little better gas mileage. The five speed auto transmission makes the CRV runs faster and improve gas mileage. I like everything about this CRV there too many to list.

It's a Honda
By Los Angeles on 05/23/06 11:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second CRV and for me it really works. I own property and always have construction material in it. Easy to get around in and fun to drive.

GREAT SUV!
By FL3 on 05/22/06 08:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the 4th CR-V I've purchased ... they keep getting better and better! Drives more like a car than an SUV. VERY comfortable. Surprisingly agile. I'm averaging 24mpg which isn't bad for a CR-V! I am VERY happy and will probably get another one next year!

Improvement
By mickey on 04/07/06 23:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overall OK, engine quiet smooth, but handling is average. Inside quiet comfortable. Brake and gas pedal too high. Braking is below average.

Worth it
By quenames on 04/06/06 19:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This has been everything I hoped for: small SUV with tall storage/cargo, very good ground clearance, and tons of safety features. It's also easy for my 6' 2" frame to get in and out of, and the flat floor front and rear is great. Fold down piece between front seats is handy. I agree that the black interior is a total pain to keep clean, and the CRV is certainly not to be confused with a smooth riding, good handling sedan--I have an Outback than is rock solid at 80. The CRV can feel a little loose after 70, especially with wind or if you need to do anything sudden. Beyond that, I have nothing but compliments and can confirm the 23/29 mileage that many others report.