2005 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
CR-V 2- year review
By MAN22 on 05/10/07 18:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought this for the wife, but she soon wanted back into a mini-van. I became the driver. Since new, wind noise on the right side of the windshield has been problematic and the dealer can't fix it. Road noise is another problem that is a historical issue with this model. Economy is good, great miles between oil changes, and really kinda fun to drive. Front wheel torque can cause you problems if you get on it while turning and it is zippy for a 4 cyclinder. Seats are a little firm for the wife, but I like them that way.

very nice & reliable
By shah on 03/10/07 10:49 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We have driven from Ga to Tn and back. Then we moved from Ga to Tx and now we live in Ms. So we have driven a lot of highway miles and have no complaints at all. It is very fun to drive and there is plenty of room.

Great little suv
By scott h on 02/05/07 22:03 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So far I have have no problems at all with my 2005 CRV SE. It's bigger than it looks from the outside! Gets good MPG for suv also.

Worth the money
By NOLA Owner on 01/15/07 11:11 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my CRV. I will never own another brand vehicle. I have so many positives, so I'll tell others about my negatives. You can't roll down the back windows without hearing a horrible vibration. The exterior panels around the wheel wells are fading to a gray while everything else is black. The intermittent wipers need more variety/speeds. I would like another power outlet up front...for 2 cell phones. POSITIVES- very spacious, drives great, fast acceleration for a 4 cyl.,good gas mileage, quiet. I love my CRV

Great Vehicle
By bl54 on 12/28/06 13:49 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very pleased after 26,000 miles. Bought Honda based on previous experience with Accord, Civic and a few motorcycles. Incredible performance in inclement weather, drives like the pavement is always dry. Excellent cargo and passenger capacity for a small vehicle.

Excellent Vale
By Ed on 12/05/06 11:52 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Second CRV I have owned. Traded 02 for 05 EX. Love the vehicle. Original Tires were crap. At 12k replaced with Cooper Tires--road noise disappeared and ride and traction improved. Good mileage 22/28-adequate power, easy to drive and park.Looked at several competitors--beat them all hands down. Fit and finish the best on the market. Resale can't be beat. One of the safest SUV's on the market.

Excellent vehicle
By Verne on 11/17/06 16:21 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I drove a 1997 honda CR-V for 160,000 miles and had absolutely no problems and traded it in for the 2005 I now own. The new car is definitely far superior to the 1997 in all ways except gas mileage which is about 20% lower than the 97.

very very nice
By cruisee on 11/06/06 14:24 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2005 crv and its a great car! AWD is great in the snow and has plenty of room. I find the styling and interior a bit boring but the greatness of the car over rides that. Good gas mileage comfortable ride plenty of space great.

2005 CRV Rear Differential problems
By Bill on 09/08/06 23:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great car except at about 12,000 miles I started to have rear differential problems. When sharp turns are made at very low speed the rear end vibrates and shakes, and there is a clunking sound. Took it to the dealer. First they said i wasn't driving it enough. Then said there was a TSB saying that there was a lubrication problem with the clutches in the unit. Said they fixed it. Got worse the same day I drove home. I think its a defective differential, the screen filer inside is clogged, or oil needs to be changed, manual says 60,000 miles, probably should be changed once a year. Couldn't sell the car with that kind of problem. Still under warranty two years and 20,000 miles, back to Honda.

CRV 2005 SE
By Scott on 09/05/06 19:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Honda needs to reduce the road noise for this vehicle. Switch location is in poor placement too, for example the heated seat button is located in a location under the steering wheel where it can not be seen withpout taking your eyes off the road. Windshield angle should be looked at, have had ours replaced twice and were told its very common on these. It is a good reliable vehicle with pretty good mileage. We average 25-27 mpg. It does need a larger gas tank, 15.8 gallons doesn't cut it. On longer trips where the speed limit is 70 or 75 expect to be stopping to fill up every 4 hours.