2005 Honda CR-V 2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 5 yr old CR-V with

2005 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

Special Edition 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic)

5 yr old CR-V with no issues
By flgramma on

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my CR-V since new in 2005. Just went over 87,000 miles. Bought one set of tires and change the oil every 8000 miles. Still runs great. I don't know the problems that others are having, but you can always get one bad vehicle out of thousands made. Don't judge this car by a few bad ones.

Favorite Features

AWD, steering wheel controls, table in the back (used it many times), center console (I bought rubber inserts on ebay that fit the cup holder, and tray perfectly).

Suggested Improvements

lighted vanity mirrors, MP3 player plug in, road noise, variable speed intermittent wiper (only one speed on this model), power seat adjustment.
By chance399
on 02/03/11 13:00 PM (PST)

I previously posted a comment about my VSA requiring replacement at 66,000 km vehicle was 4 years old, warranty on VSA runs until 60,000 km 3 years :( Dealership indicated it would be a $2,700 repair bill. I got an autosalvage part for $550 and the 1st part that came in was even faulty so then dealership charged me for both installations! This is apparently not an isolated issue as Auto Forum site has 8 pages of similar consumer complaints-please be wary if considering the purchase of a 2005-2006 model year of the CRV :)