Used 2005 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 344 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

outstanding
By sadle

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

after 11 months, just enjoy each drive, plenty of room for hauling, comfort for 4 easy, driving is a fun filled adventure. 04 model, will trade my 02 camry for another next year.

driving experience, fold away center consol, fold down rear seats,

should have a larger gas tank

I'm disappointed with the CRV's comfort
By noki

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I guess it all depends on what you want in a car. I've always liked the Honda cars I've had in the past, but I'm thinking of trading in my '05 CRV soon. I absolutely HATE the drivers seat, the most uncomfortable of any car I've ever had by far, I'm not sure why but it gave me a headache/ neckache until I got used to it after a couple months. The interior does not seem "designed" so much as improvised to keep costs down. Do NOT get the MANUAL trans model, very poorly designed inside. The inside has many bizarre trays and odd holes that are mostly to completely useless except for the CD case compartment. The stereo is HORRIBLE for a $20k+ car & hard to upgrade! No fun to drive for me... IMO

The on-demand 4WD was helpful in the snow. I wanted a versatile car that I could fit large items in the back easily, and the CRV did this well. I wanted a SUV with decent gas mileage and I guess 23 mpg is at least better than the behemoths. The car has the usual Honda dependability, good safety.

Get rid of the ugly taillights! The design inside seems poorly improvised from a Civic DX, little of it makes much sense. The drivers seat at least needs some sort of adjustability, very uncomfortable. VERY CHEAP feel inside for a $20k+ car. Stereo audioquality is terrible, CD player undependable.

So So CRV
By Houston CRV

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

New SE CRV doesn't live up to hype. MPG rated 23/29. Haven't seen 23 even on flat west Texas highways. You can expect real MPG in teens. Ride and drive harsh. Hope the safety features are not over rated as well. Still worth the money for a SUV. Lot of vehicle for $20k. Bottom line - if MPG is a big issue, buy a car.

Great turning radius. Good urban vehicle. Back gates are easy to use. Rear seats have good leg space. SUV sitting positions. Excellent safety equipment - if they work as advertised!

MPG isn't close to rating (19 mpg) but it should reflect that on sticker. Needs little things - compass, outside temp, int lights that auto on, real rear vent, nice wheels, lumbar, electric rear mirror, running lights, etc.

Love it!
By Our 1st Honda

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We researched and browsed for about 8 mos. and kept coming back to the CRV. Even waited until the new Kia Sportage came out. We're retiring and always have had 2 vehicles, pickup/van and a sedan. Wanted to be able to have only one,all-purpose vehicle. The Honda CRV does just that. Good hauling capacity, plus nice ameneties. No vehcile is perfect, but this one comes close. What it lacks, we don't miss. Add to that the resale/trade-in value of Honda vehicles, and you can't go wrong.

Quality, solid build and feel, safety features, 5 spd auto, moon roof, leather AWD, cargo capacity for small SUV, drives and handles great. Also, cd, cassette, XM ready, and so comfortable. Great manueverability.

Some road noise, but "what the heck" with such a nice sound system, we don't care. So who drives without a CD or radio playing??

great purchase
By honda crv

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

the car is above our expectations. our daughter has one and has loved it and it looks like new after 4 years. we love the manueverability and size. it is easy to park. we are musicians and can load and unload with ease.

We love that you can sit up high and the visibility. the comfort , and radio on the wheel is awesome.

wish there was more room in the drivers seat when entering the car. Once situated it is good.