2005 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Actally a 2003 CR-V
By Gester on 11/07/04 20:07 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overalll an excellent, dependable, well built machine. I don't ever get the advertised MPG (I never get better than 19 MPG in the city and 23 MPG highway. I feel very safe in it and find it to be more reliable than anyother car I've owned. Pepole are amazed at how much "stuff" I can pack in the cargo area.

Excellent Value for the Price,Honda CR-V
By Frankmrc on 11/07/04 08:27 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been quite happy with my CR-V to date. It is ergonomically designed well, with ample cup holders and a very neat feature with the on dash gear shift. It has a tight feel to the steering making it handle nimbly. There is a surprising roomy feel to the vehicle, with a large storage area behind the second row seats.

First Time Honda Owner
By nogaqrpham on 11/05/04 22:51 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a relatively new car, as I have had it for only 3 weeks. I bought it based on the Honda name and the features. So far, the car has exceeded my expectations. I have always driven larger and heavier cars and was concerned about the comfort and ride. So far, I am very pleased with the ride and the comfort is excellent. The biggest surprise is the excellent acceleration, even in fast traffic. The 5 speed automatic works great! All of my previous cars have been mini- vans, and I also was worried about the smaller cargo area. While I have not needed to haul any 4 by 8 plywood sheets yet, I have plenty of room for most of my needs. The value is great!

very nice car
By John1007 on 11/05/04 12:32 PM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

For what it is I think this is a great car. You sit up high enough that you are not being run over but not in one of these huge gas guzzlers. The motor is not very powerful which is one of the reasons for getting the manual tranny. You can set the cruise for 80mph and it will go all day. Good inventment

my noisey 2005 crv
By GARY NEVINS on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

this crv is a great vehicle but after owning 32 new cars,(eight Hondas) this is the noisest vehicle I've ever driven!!! If I drove it before I purchased it I never would have bought it! I've driven (three) 2003 crv's and (four) 2004 crv's and none have the terrible ROAD NOISE this one has!!! It sounds like the rear door is always ajar! Be advised that in the 2005 model Honda went to a 16 inch tire, possibly this is the problem. The dealer says drive it for a couple of thousand miles to see if the tires need to be broken in or possibly replaced. I've only had it for 10 days but I'm extremely dissapointed with the vehicle (only because of the road noise) so far.

even better
By Dug on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Though there were no major changes to the 2005 the subtle alterations are great. The SE has a great pewter color, leather interior, 5 speed automatic transmission, smaller rear headrests and redesiged head and tail lights. Argualbly the nicest addition was the side curtain airbags. Thank you Honda, especially our dealership Scott Honda.

Great Vehicle...
By jimi2510 on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just traded in my 2000 CR-V LX for the 2005 CRV SE and so far I love it. I love the comfort features on the new CRV SE that were previously not available. I have only had the car for a few days but so far it is great. Much better than my 2000 although my 2000 CRV LX never had any problems in the 4 years I owned it. Great deal for the money...

CRX to CRV
By Iwaboy on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Back in my college days I had a CRX and that car ran and ran and ran, forever, practically. So when my wife asked for a new car, we went looking. She was giving up a 1993 Toyota 4- Runner. I was concerned that she was not going to like a smaller car. However, after research, we found that the CRV as far as head room, leg room, etc...goes, was bigger!! We were going to get the 2004 as the time was right, shopping wise for that year. But once we saw the 2005 with the 16- inch wheels and the new colors, we had to get one. We have only had the car for one week and I think we would love any new car, even if it was a Pinto. But this car is really nice. After we drive it we'll stop in.

designed by a women for a man
By stanerly on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

the crv has so many features there too numerous to mention. Its a small suv which makes it easy to handle & park. Hoonda are by far the most reliable cars I've owned

CR-V is there enough driver leg room???
By brad shannon on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car rides much like the Accord. I find myself thinking I'm in my old Accord when driving this vehicle. Hanlding is tight and solid. Acceleration and visibility are good. I'm still getting use to the positioning of the gear shift and the emergency break. I would like to see remote keyless entry standard on the LX model. I would also like Honda to put better quailty tires on all their vehicles. I tend not to get very many miles off their tires. Also the CR-V doesn't seem to like to go much over 80 miles/hr. I realize that SUVs and higher speeds are, to a certain degree, mutually exclusive. If you don't have to tow anything and your off-road demands are lite to nill - I recomend.