2005 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews 33

2005 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

2005 CR-V Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Actally a 2003 CR-V
By Gester

2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overalll an excellent, dependable, well built machine. I don't ever get the advertised MPG (I never get better than 19 MPG in the city and 23 MPG highway. I feel very safe in it and find it to be more reliable than anyother car I've owned. Pepole are amazed at how much "stuff" I can pack in the cargo area.

Favorite Features

Roomy rear seat.

Suggested Improvements

I'm not crazy about the forward-tumble style seats. I much prefer the "fold- down-flat" type. The one MAJOR thing I HATE is the rear cargo door opens the wrong way (from left to right). Most people park on the right side of the street to load and when you open the door it blocks your access.

Excellent Value for the Price,Honda CR-V
By Frankmrc

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been quite happy with my CR-V to date. It is ergonomically designed well, with ample cup holders and a very neat feature with the on dash gear shift. It has a tight feel to the steering making it handle nimbly. There is a surprising roomy feel to the vehicle, with a large storage area behind the second row seats.

Favorite Features

On dash shift, between seat fip up console with cup holders, rear mounted full size spare tire, freeing up room within the vechicle, including hidden wheel well compartment in floor. AWD improves handling.

Suggested Improvements

While adequate, a slightly bigger engine would improve responsiveness, color choices are limited. Gas cap release is too low on driver side under dash. Larger storage compartment space would be helpful. Interior road noise a little louder than normal, better insulation would be helpful.

First Time Honda Owner
By nogaqrpham

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a relatively new car, as I have had it for only 3 weeks. I bought it based on the Honda name and the features. So far, the car has exceeded my expectations. I have always driven larger and heavier cars and was concerned about the comfort and ride. So far, I am very pleased with the ride and the comfort is excellent. The biggest surprise is the excellent acceleration, even in fast traffic. The 5 speed automatic works great! All of my previous cars have been mini- vans, and I also was worried about the smaller cargo area. While I have not needed to haul any 4 by 8 plywood sheets yet, I have plenty of room for most of my needs. The value is great!

Favorite Features

The sun roof is my most favorite feature. Everything else is pretty good.

Suggested Improvements

So far, it's pretty much what I wanted.

very nice car
By John1007

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

For what it is I think this is a great car. You sit up high enough that you are not being run over but not in one of these huge gas guzzlers. The motor is not very powerful which is one of the reasons for getting the manual tranny. You can set the cruise for 80mph and it will go all day. Good inventment

Suggested Improvements

Diesel option

my noisey 2005 crv
By GARY NEVINS

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

this crv is a great vehicle but after owning 32 new cars,(eight Hondas) this is the noisest vehicle I've ever driven!!! If I drove it before I purchased it I never would have bought it! I've driven (three) 2003 crv's and (four) 2004 crv's and none have the terrible ROAD NOISE this one has!!! It sounds like the rear door is always ajar! Be advised that in the 2005 model Honda went to a 16 inch tire, possibly this is the problem. The dealer says drive it for a couple of thousand miles to see if the tires need to be broken in or possibly replaced. I've only had it for 10 days but I'm extremely dissapointed with the vehicle (only because of the road noise) so far.

even better
By Dug

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Though there were no major changes to the 2005 the subtle alterations are great. The SE has a great pewter color, leather interior, 5 speed automatic transmission, smaller rear headrests and redesiged head and tail lights. Argualbly the nicest addition was the side curtain airbags. Thank you Honda, especially our dealership Scott Honda.

Suggested Improvements

My wife would like a V6, but the 4 is just fine for her.

Great Vehicle...
By jimi2510

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just traded in my 2000 CR-V LX for the 2005 CRV SE and so far I love it. I love the comfort features on the new CRV SE that were previously not available. I have only had the car for a few days but so far it is great. Much better than my 2000 although my 2000 CRV LX never had any problems in the 4 years I owned it. Great deal for the money...

Favorite Features

Leather seats, heated seats, added hp from the 2000 version, moonroof, 6 cd changer, stereo controls on the steering wheel, tumble seats for cargo space, good looking vehicle, quality, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

My first time owning an automatic vehicle and the shift lever sometimes gets in the way when reaching for the stereo controls on the dash, otherwise no complaints yet...

designed by a women for a man
By stanerly

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

the crv has so many features there too numerous to mention. Its a small suv which makes it easy to handle & park. Hoonda are by far the most reliable cars I've owned

Favorite Features

looks,its solid, fuld down back seats

Suggested Improvements

more horsepower, navigational equipment

CRX to CRV
By Iwaboy

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Back in my college days I had a CRX and that car ran and ran and ran, forever, practically. So when my wife asked for a new car, we went looking. She was giving up a 1993 Toyota 4- Runner. I was concerned that she was not going to like a smaller car. However, after research, we found that the CRV as far as head room, leg room, etc...goes, was bigger!! We were going to get the 2004 as the time was right, shopping wise for that year. But once we saw the 2005 with the 16- inch wheels and the new colors, we had to get one. We have only had the car for one week and I think we would love any new car, even if it was a Pinto. But this car is really nice. After we drive it we'll stop in.

Favorite Features

16-inch wheels. 6 disc CD. Stereo adjustment on the steering wheel. Moonroof/Sunroof combo. Privacy glass. Roominess (sp?). Keyless entry.

Suggested Improvements

No LATCH system in the middle back seat.

CR-V is there enough driver leg room???
By brad shannon

2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car rides much like the Accord. I find myself thinking I'm in my old Accord when driving this vehicle. Hanlding is tight and solid. Acceleration and visibility are good. I'm still getting use to the positioning of the gear shift and the emergency break. I would like to see remote keyless entry standard on the LX model. I would also like Honda to put better quailty tires on all their vehicles. I tend not to get very many miles off their tires. Also the CR-V doesn't seem to like to go much over 80 miles/hr. I realize that SUVs and higher speeds are, to a certain degree, mutually exclusive. If you don't have to tow anything and your off-road demands are lite to nill - I recomend.

Favorite Features

Best feature: fold down and then up against the front seat - rear seats. It easy and quick to do. A little bit of simulated leather incorproated into the sides of the cloth gives it a touch of class.

Suggested Improvements

Make it so the front seat can go back another couple of inches - even at the expense of leg room in the back seat - as there will not always be someone in the back seat behind the driver. I'm 6'0" foot - which is'nt overly tall. I could use a couple extra inches of leg room.